The VG Resource

Full Version: EXAMPLE OF WHAT YOU SHOULDN'T DO IN CREATIVITY FORUM
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
READ LAST POST

alternatively, click this link here.

[Image: 215029_2027325402320_1219603077_2540721_4242338_n.jpg]

Here is a character designed by me.
He is my representation of myself in the pokemon world. His name is Proxima and he is the leader of Team Dimension.
Please don't save your images as a jpeg
Did you use a base for this?
do you take requests?
(08-15-2011, 07:48 PM)CO2 Wrote: [ -> ]do you take requests?

Sorry, no i dont. I am too busy atm making my youtube videos.

you should totally give us a link to both your real photo and your youtube videos, you know, just to compare how similar you are to your portrait, and to check your videos as well.
(08-16-2011, 09:12 AM)CO2 Wrote: [ -> ]you should totally give us a link to both your real photo and your youtube videos, you know, just to compare how similar you are to your portrait, and to check your videos as well.

I actually dont look like my character i just made him Smile But ill send you a link to my photo. Oh and my youtube channel is: http://www.youtube.com/user/leaderproxima
Ok, heres some pictures: (these are the only pictures of me i could find.)
http://i1233.photobucket.com/albums/ff38...9934_o.jpg - Cosplay

http://i1233.photobucket.com/albums/ff38...AG0019.jpg - Me being weird with my new minecraft t-shirt
Did you use a base for this?
(08-16-2011, 01:28 PM)Leaderproxima Wrote: [ -> ]http://i1233.photobucket.com/albums/ff38...9934_o.jpg - Cosplay

http://i1233.photobucket.com/albums/ff38...AG0019.jpg - Me being weird with my new minecraft t-shirt

You will grow up to be a fine neckbeard one day.
Uhhh, just so you know, I do have connections in the dolling world.

If this turns out to be a base I'm going to have to warn you for stealing because it is pretty frowned upon to use a base and not give credit for it, and it is seen as art theft.

Even if it is a traced image (which are also frowned upon in both communities) from an anime, you are still basically giving no credit.

I would suggest you not use Bases and to make your own pixel art and that you edit a link of were you got that base and if I see it is not in there and yet you have posted again since this post (and had ample time to see this post), you are getting a warn for it.
(08-17-2011, 12:01 AM)Kat Wrote: [ -> ]Uhhh, just so you know, I do have connections in the dolling world.

If this turns out to be a base I'm going to have to warn you for stealing because it is pretty frowned upon to use a base and not give credit for it, and it is seen as art theft.

Even if it is a traced image (which are also frowned upon in both communities) from an anime, you are still basically giving no credit.

I would suggest you not use Bases and to make your own pixel art and that you edit a link of were you got that base and if I see it is not in there and yet you have posted again since this post (and had ample time to see this post), you are getting a warn for it.

Its a base, but i havent stolen it i got permissions from the maker of the base on deviantart. Oh and its not a traced image either, Leaderproxima is an OC. I even have the original designs for him.

I would give credit to the base that i used but i made the image ages ago and have forgotten the persons username from deviantart who made it. But i did get the permission from her.. Everything else is mine.

Sorry about forgetting to add the credit. I was in a bit of a rush.
Delete the post if you want, i dont really care, i just wanted to show of my design of a character. The actual model and picture is not the bit i wanted to show off, just the character design.
How about you draw your own things instead of using bases? :I
(08-17-2011, 09:01 AM)Leaderproxima Wrote: [ -> ]Oh and its not a traced image either, Leaderproxima is an OC.

Try again.
(08-17-2011, 09:46 AM)Proton Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-17-2011, 09:01 AM)Leaderproxima Wrote: [ -> ]Oh and its not a traced image either, Leaderproxima is an OC.

Try again.

Hes isnt traced, i made all his stuff from my own design. I even have a back story for him.

Jeez get off my back. I just wanted to show off a character design. I wasnt trying to steal anything.
Digital Art For Dummies by Gors:

1-JPEG is not a good format to save images. Prefer PNGs over them.
2-Getting an already made base and working over it is called tracing.
3-The fact that you used a base to make an original character doesn't magically transform your work into NOT-tracing. It is a traced image.
4-Whenever you post traced artwork, please say who's the base maker. Failing to do this means art theft, and that implies warns.
5-If you don't care about who did the original base, this means we should not care about your work.
6-Having a said backstory for your character doesn't justify it isn't a trace.
7-Just because we're requesting things that already should have been posted in the first post, doesn't mean that 'we're jumping on your back'.
8-Do not use traces. Draw it by yourself instead, you'll learn more about drawing, will be a greater experience and will be more rewarding.
9-Your character design sucks.
Pages: 1 2