The VG Resource

Full Version: Super Smash Flash 2 Discussion!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
That's right the most popular Smash Bros Flash game has a sequel!
This time we need your help. Post things you'd like to be in the game, but keep in mind THERE ARE NO NEW CHARACTERS ACCEPTED If you would like a character in the game there is another method:

Super Smash Flash 2 will have DOWNLOADABLE Characters!

They are called Expansions and were made possible by the maker of the game Cleod9 and my good friend Ziku. Any and every character with a potential moveset can be an expansion some noteable ones are: Lucas, Roy, Ike, Sephiroth, Gohan, Luffy and Waluigi!

The Character list:
Mario
Luigi
Bowser
Peach
Yoshi
Kirby
MK
G&W
Jigglypuff
Pikachu
Mewtwo
Link
Zelda/Shiek
Wario
Samus/ZSS
DK
Diddy
Fox
Falco
Ness
Captain Falcon
Pit
Snake
Lloyd Irving
Kratos Aurion
Megaman
Zero
Sonic
Kuckles
Tails
Shadow
Sora
Riku
Cloud
Crono
Ichigo Kurosaki
Renji Abarai
Naruto Uzumaki
Sasuke Uchiha
Goku
Vegeta
Azrael(Fan Character)
Spikeman(Fan Character)
Blade(Fan Character)
Blue(Fan Character)

There will also be an expansive Story Mode and for those who were upset with Brawl's Story mode, there will be Secret Stages, more bosses and more series enemies, and this time ALL characters will be involved in the story.

More will be posted as time goes by and as we confirm more and more things

Also, a NEW DEMO will be posted sometime in the middle of the week. Check http://mcleodgaming.com/ for more information.

Be sure to check out the DOJO at:
http://ssfdojo.mcleodgaming.com/index.html

ANVery Sad check out the Youtube account:
http://www.youtube.com/user/McLeodGamingOfficial

Expansion Forums
:
ssf2expansion.yforum.biz

McLeodGaming Wiki:
http://mcleodgaming.wikia.com
Super Smash Flash 1 was horrible, so I think I'll pass.
(08-14-2008, 09:26 PM)itsameSMB Wrote: [ -> ]You're right Tonberry2k, the quality is what counts, not the quantity. I could explain why some things are the way they are with the game, but you don't want to hear excuses. You want to see results.The stages released on the dojo really aren't the best ones we have out there (except Galaxy Tours, which is still not finished). Anyway, I suppose it's our fault for posting here prematurely (mostly mine, since I prompted it), but I suppose we just aren't ready yet.

We are still open to C+C and will answer questions, though.

Ok, you sound freakishly like Cleod trying to be anonymous or something.
(08-14-2008, 04:15 PM)Phantom Kirby Wrote: [ -> ]Super Smash Flash 1 was horrible, so I think I'll pass.

I agree entirely.
The first one was REALLY bad
SSF2 is going to be completely different. Its going to be like Runouws Brawl demo, except with more characters, stages, playable on the Wii, items, storymode, trophies, etc. SSF1 was completely different. Its been re-innovated from before.
hmmm

Fan characters
Anime characters
NARUTO
style mixing
ugly sprites
dumb memes (O Rly?)
ugly stages
NARUTO

Seems pretty shitty to me.
(08-14-2008, 04:40 PM)Phantom Kirby Wrote: [ -> ]hmmm

Fan characters
Anime characters
NARUTO
style mixing
ugly sprites
dumb memes (O Rly?)
ugly stages
NARUTO

Hate a whole game because of naruto wow...
Ugly sprites? Which ones? You aren't exactly helping.
Ugly Stages? And which stages would you be referring to?
Most of us had no say in the roster

I see no comments about the actual gameplay in that post either...

How is the battle system?

For those of you who won't try ssf2 because ssf1 sucked, I frown upon you. Everything deserves a shot doesn't it?
(08-14-2008, 04:45 PM)Kenfireball Wrote: [ -> ]

Fan characters
Anime characters
NARUTO
style mixing
ugly sprites
dumb memes (O Rly?)
ugly stages
NARUTO

For those of you who won't try ssf2 because ssf1 sucked, I frown upon you. Everything deserves a shot doesn't it?

All of the stages look horrible, style mixing causes sprites to clash with eachother making the game look really ugly, whoever picked the roster should not have been allowed to pick the roster, and I don't hate the whole game because Naruto, Naruto is just a big negative. I haven't commented on the gamepley because the game does not look appealing enough to bother playing.
Smash Flash 1 reminded me of MUGEN because they both mix styles, have lots of crappy character/background choices/sprites, and it seems fan made.
But on the plus side maybe this one will actually be good even with the style mixing problem.
Wait, how is saying all the stages are bad ignorant? If someone has seen all the stages you've shown thus far and thinks they suck, that's their opinion, that's not "ignorant."
Captain Falcon, Pit, Link, maybe Zelda, Naruto, Sasuke, Goku, Vegeta, Renji, and Ichigo are all JUS Styled. I really dont care about the contradicting sprite styles if the game kicks ass.Tongue We dont want to take forever for the game to come out. Its already taken a year, and it will take 1 to 2 years more to finish. We are using these sprites, cause I know you Pixeltendo(tSpritersResourceCommunity) guys are so interested in them:
http://www.mcleodgaming.com/ssf2sprites
If you look at the options, they are the best to use out of all the ones on the internet.
(08-14-2008, 04:49 PM)Phantom Kirby Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-14-2008, 04:45 PM)Kenfireball Wrote: [ -> ]

Fan characters
Anime characters
NARUTO
style mixing
ugly sprites
dumb memes (O Rly?)
ugly stages
NARUTO

All of the stages look horrible, style mixing causes sprites to clash with eachother making the game look really ugly, whoever picked the roster should not have been allowed to pick the roster, and I don't hate the whole game because Naruto, Naruto is just a big negative. I haven't commented on the gamepley because the game does not look appealing enough to bother playing.
The person who picked the roster is the creator and coder of the game. Didn't have much say over that.
And I think some of the stages are great. Don't you agree this looks good?
http://ssfdojo.mcleodgaming.com/images/hyrulebig.png
ANd hopefully with the next demo coming out hopefully this week you'll change your mind.
You're missing Bass. You should also put an option to select between the original Megaman and X, as well as between Zero from the X series, and from Zero series.
(08-14-2008, 04:49 PM)Phantom Kirby Wrote: [ -> ]All of the stages look horrible, style mixing causes sprites to clash with eachother making the game look really ugly, whoever picked the roster should not have been allowed to pick the roster, and I don't hate the whole game because Naruto, Naruto is just a big negative. I haven't commented on the gamepley because the game does not look appealing enough to bother playing.
have you even looked at the game? if you dont like naruto dont play as him, its not like the game is naruto, nor about naruto.
(08-14-2008, 05:17 PM)Lucho Wrote: [ -> ]You're missing Bass. You should also put an option to select between the original Megaman and X, as well as between Zero from the X series, and from Zero series.

You can make expansion characters for all of the Megaman characters youd like.Big Grin I like Megaman too. Cute
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9