The VG Resource

Full Version: TUGS \\ Second Round \\ Experts \\ WIP Thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Round 2's theme: Knight-errants

I'll be asking you to create a knight-errant at his passage of arms (pas d'armes), who is met by a challenger.
They aren't fighting, they have just met or are about to meet each other, remember that.

You'll be given two of these classes when the round starts:
- Hidalgo drawing, Hidalgo
- Sipahi
- Kshatriya123
- Mamluk
- Youxia
- Hwarang1
- Knight
-Bogatyr

This Deadliest Warrior Wiki could help, too.

Also, your piece cannot exceed 17000 square pixels!
A 128x128 canvas is 16384 square pixels, for example.
I recommend you working on something at most at that size.

Drazelic VS JosiahT:
A Bogatyr and a Hwarang, please.
Chris2Balls VS Starpower: A Youxia and a Knight, please.
Clear VS ccoffee table: A Hidalgo and a Mamluk, please.
x0_000 VS des: A Sipahi and a Kshatriya, please.

Deadline is Monday the 15th, 7pm EST!

Drop your WIPs here!
[Image: QxqGN.png]
i am ready to rock.
(08-08-2011, 04:31 PM)Chris2Balls [:B] Wrote: [ -> ][Image: QxqGN.png]
i am ready to rock.

OH
I see what you're looking for, I guess.
What do you think I'm looking for? I'm a bit confused!!
The whole topic was quite foreign to me, I wasn't sure if the pre-fight stance would be of the two training in different location prior to the fight or if they had eye contact and were preparing the strike.
Holy shit- wait, I won?! How the hell did I win? lol

EDIT: OH, I get it now. Point system, gotcha. I was about to say, Drazelic deserved to win more than me, but I see he is still in the tourny. Good!
They could have eye contact, yeah. They could be preparing the strike.
(08-08-2011, 11:56 AM)Chris2Balls [:B] Wrote: [ -> ]I'll be asking you to create a knight-errant at his passage of arms, who is met by a challenger.
They aren't fighting, they have just met or are about to meet each other, remember that.

[Image: 49ym]
Got the basic idea down, but I need to figure out how to make the sipahi more obvious... maybe I'll switch the roles.
[Image: abDTR.png]
[Image: d9gsT.png]
dum dee dum
Yeah so I couldn't work out the original idea so instead I have this:
[Image: 4gdR]
(I'm not sure if an elephant is actually practical for a kshatriya but it looks cool ok Sad)
Anyone else losing the majority of their interest on their entry this round?
(08-12-2011, 01:12 PM)Clear Wrote: [ -> ]Anyone else losing the majority of their interest on their entry this round?
It is the usual TUGS round Two phenomenon - only about half the people get around to finish their stuff and the rest doesn't submit anything at all
I'm mostly disappointed in myself. My round's theme wasn't interesting enough for the contestants to find the time to whip something up.
Well hey it's trial and error, you did what you thought was right and it didn't quite turn out like you thought. I think this TUGS will be successful enough and we'll just try harder next year. Wink

We never know what's going to happen, so we just gotta follow our hearts and go for it. If we win we win and if we fail we fail. We use our mistakes to improve for the future.
Pages: 1 2