The VG Resource

Full Version: Marble Hornets
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I don't know if anyone's been following it ever since the original thread disappeared, but like the first half of the series the second half started out slower and started to give way to some really freaky moments, my favorite one so far probably being the latest:

It's short, it's scary, and it's one of the few times (not the first admittedly) where the main guys actually verbally acknowledge the supernatural presence (Okay, they just call it an "it").

Anyone else keeping up with this?
We already had a topic like this a while back. Needless to say the series is starting to get repetitive and seems to be going no where.

However the last two entries may change this.
I've actually been keeping up with the series. I think the slow bits were mainly getting some much-needed late exposition out of the way. The series seems to be slowly returning to its roots, and this entry was definitely a step in the right direction.
EverymanHybrib is also a decent Slender Series. People think Tribe Twelve is better but to me its just plain old rip-off of Marble Hornets. Everyman has its own style that's different from MH. So I give them more points for trying to be original.
I remember enjoying the early Marble Hornets episodes, but the one you posted feels really scripted, as though the PoV already knew what he was looking for and where all the shit was.
(08-06-2011, 01:19 PM)Kriven Wrote: [ -> ]I remember enjoying the early Marble Hornets episodes, but the one you posted feels really scripted, as though the PoV already knew what he was looking for and where all the shit was.

Yeah, they also pull the excuse that a lot of the stuff is stuff that he can't remember at present, so maybe he knew something then he doesn't know now.

Whatever though, I don't really watch it for the dull scripted exposition, I watch it for cheap jump scares (which are more frequent in the last few). As for the last one, totally felt scripted, but I did mildly enjoy people actually talking about Slenderman while he's around instead of just ten minutes of complete silence or blundering around an abandoned site.
(08-06-2011, 03:22 AM)Koopaul Wrote: [ -> ]EverymanHybrib is also a decent Slender Series. People think Tribe Twelve is better but to me its just plain old rip-off of Marble Hornets. Everyman has its own style that's different from MH. So I give them more points for trying to be original.

Everyman Hybrid and Tribe Twelve are merging.
It's been almost a year since anyone talked about this, and while there hasn't been THAT much to talk about save for the occasional scary bit here or there, I feel like this episode REALLY hit the mark with the scariness. It's the kind of build-up and dread that had me interested in the really old episodes.

i just cant find anything in the "found footage" genre scary at all
I'm feeling really claustrophobic after that last entry.
Yeah, I'm actually claustrophobic in real life, so I found the whole thing really uneasy.