The VG Resource

Full Version: TUGS \\ Second Round \\ Experts \\ Finished Entries
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Round 2's theme: Knight-errants

I'll be asking you to create a knight-errant at his passage of arms (pas d'armes), who is met by a challenger.
They aren't fighting, they have just met or are about to meet each other, remember that.

You'll be given two of these classes when the round starts:
- Hidalgo
- Sipahi
- Kshatriya123
- Mamluk
- Youxia
- Hwarang1
- Knight
-Bogatyr

This Deadliest Warrior Wiki could help, too.

Also, your piece cannot exceed 17000 square pixels!
A 128x128 canvas is 16384 square pixels, for example.
I recommend you working on something at most at that size.

Drazelic VS JosiahT:
A Bogatyr and a Hwarang, please.
Chris2Balls VS Starpower: A Youxia and a Knight, please.
Clear VS ccoffee table: A Hidalgo and a Mamluk, please.
x0_000 VS des: A Sipahi and a Kshatriya, please.

Deadline is Monday the 15th, 7pm EST!
Thread now open. GO!
aaaaaaw shit i'm up against Josiah already and this week i have very very little time to do any sort of serious spriting

welp gotta go get my google-fu on, i was hoping for the youxia but whatever
Requesting for basic references in the first post, I can't seem to find a Hidalgo.
Hidalgo drawing, Hidalgo Wikipedia page, which are pretty much intrisically related to conquistadores, if you read about its historical figureheads. Very interesting stuff.
I'll supply some bases, but the point was to do a bit of research to get your own feel for the knight!
[Image: 110fwnr.png]
Im loving that alot, Clear!

[Image: P8Jm3.png]I think I'm finished
tbh..I'm not sure what I think of it. I'm not sure whether I like it or not haha. I'll let the judges decide. It was fun trying something new for once.
[Image: turkeyvsindia.png]
Well, that was the most stressful hour this week.
SHIT the thread is supposed to close, and only three entries are in here Very Sad
Extra 30 minutes in case anybody has problems, I'll be posting mine right away

[Image: pe9Qn.png]
sorry about that.
[Image: tugsshow2-2.png]
JosiahT had the kindness to PM me this. It's better than me fishing out of the WIP version. I'll cross my fingers he hasn't made the most of the time after the thread close. รน_u