The VG Resource

Full Version: The Anima Project; looking for a Spriter
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello, and please forgive my rudeness for this being my first post on the forum. Although I've never posted before, I know this community from a long time ago and the web page has proven very useful in previous projects.

Because I didn't know any other better site for posting this and after I've readed the general and forum-specific rules, I assumed this would be the best site. My apologies if not.

[Image: animateaser.jpg]

What am I looking for?

This thread is for helping me to find a spriting artist who will want to help me make a fan project I had in mind for a long time.

I suck at spriting -I really, really tried, although- and that's the main reason I'm searching for help. So the tasks my dear "comrade" should have are:

· To be good at spriting. Not very complicated sprites, simple sprites mainly in Castlevania style. See further below. Also, sprites will be asked on demand.

· To like the beat'em up genre, so he can help me in testing and suggest some ideas when I'm stuck.

What do I offer?

Although I'm offering a totally fan and in no ways lucrative project, I've got a computer degree and at some extent, programming knowledge. This project, in a much more informal way, is made with GML to show the potential inside this application.

Yes, I said "made". Because the game engine is already finished. You can play it here, by the name "Azure Engine v1.0"

[Image: azureteaser.jpg]

Try it: A -still a bit buggy- version of a test game; "Azure Sword":
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=IHSD0MSI

Controls:
Player 1: Cursors, O, P
Player 2: WASD, V,B
Player 3: Gamepad 1
Player 4: Gamepad 2
(may be changed in the controllers options)

You select your command with secondary button, and execute it with primary button. You can drop out items by pressing both at same time.

Please take in mind it's still a bit buggy, with some minor bugs like cam movement and some more, and credits are ommited for the demonstration.

So that's what I offer. A complete engine to give life to your sprites. You make the sprites, I make a fighting game with them.

The Anima Beyond Fantasy World

Anima BF is a RPG franchise which have adopted several formats: tabletop RPG, card game, tactical miniature game... and recently a video game available on Wii Ware. The Anima universe is quickly expanding, and I'd love contribute to that by making a fan-made project. Maybe you've not heard of Anima but you know their well-known main artist, Wen Yu Li (wen-m on Deviantart).

Anima is based on the Gaia planet. It has several storylines where no one is the bad guy and the good guy; instead each faction has it's own motives and goals.

You can find (I'm assuming this would not be spam 'cause is necessary info for my request) more info in
www.animarpg.com

And

http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_m...tasy%20RPG

(Again, sorry for the spam, I think it's a main purpose of this project)

Let me say this again, I have not any relationship with Anima Studio or Edge Ent. I'm just a fan of their game and I've seen a lot of potential in their world to me for make a game.

The project

The project I'm aiming to make is based in the Anima Tactics factions. This game is gaining popularity because of the few miniatures which are needed to play good games, and the high sculpt level they have. Also, their factions had a lot of charisma and would be awesome to play their characters in a video game. Even a fan-made game.

The game would be, using the Azure Engine (with some changes, of course), to make a simple multiplayer Beat'Em Up using some of the characters in Anima: Tactics.

The style I will be using for those characters it's very defined; they will be like Castlevania: Circle of the Moon.
http://www.spriters-resource.com/gameboy...sheet/4891

Simple, not very detailed sprites, and dynamic. I don't even need much sprites, I would need:

· Idle (standing)
· Walking left
· Attacking
· Hurt
· Dead

And that's all for every character. Maybe, for some of them, Special Skills and some other chars would be included, but I think I'll manage somehow with those basic postures.

The game's gonna be simple, but powerful and complete. Things are like this: I prefer a simple and well-made game rather than a too-much ambitious game which is doomed to abandon.

Keep things simple, it's the motto.

For more ANIMA: TACTICS info, please check this blog: http://phildeb.wordpress.com/ and simply decide if you like any of their characters or factions.

The recruiting

I only ask for ONE person, but if no one would want to join this, I would have to try on ocassional collaborations. This is totally fan, so I'm dedicating only my spare time, I'm not asking for a full-time collab but more of a co-author. That will look good on the credits Smile

To participate, contact me through this post or PM me. I would also like to see some of your work. Even, if it was possible, to make some sprites for the project, it would be appreciated.

Thank you a lot for reading all this.

I will give a better read when I'm not busy, but looks promising and looks like you have plenty of progress c: