The VG Resource

Full Version: Best Mobile Games
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The Best iOS Games

iOS has emerged so far as a fairly crappy gaming platform. It's full of crappy games due to Apple's obsession to have the biggest App Store. There are a few gems out there however, and here's where you post them, talk about them, talk about your iJobsPhonepadpod, whatever floats your boat. Wink

[Image: mzl.hszcsnrw.320x480-75.jpg]
1. Battle for Wesnoth
Definitely the most complete game for iOS I've ever played. I've got more hours with this game than with any other iOS game out there! Everyone who has an iOS device should get this game! Big Grin

[Image: mzl.xlqibsnh.320x480-75.jpg]
2. Osmos
This game blew me away with the quality graphics, insane gameplay, and chalenging puzzles, definitely worth every penny.

[Image: mzl.eqdqnhye.320x480-75.jpg]
3. Infinity Blade
Proof that iOS can do high-end graphics. This game looks even better than most 3DS titles, and the Retina Display really adds to the quality.

[Image: mzl.ghujhumn.320x480-75.jpg]
4. Frogatto
This is one platformer that caught my eye with the challenging gameplay, awesome sprites, and overall great experience.
Sword and Sworcery. I didn't think there were any good games on iOS until i played this. Now it's one of my favorite games.

[Image: 2975-3-superbrothers-sword-sworcery.jpg]

Listen to this music man, it's fucking beautiful. DO NOT, play without headphones.
Well now that I know that's good, I can buy it. I've never bought anything for it, because I don't play games much on it.
You won't regret it. It isn't long though. I originally pirated it, then bought it because i was so impressed with it. Make sure you get the correct version, there's an iPad one and an iPhone/iPodTouch version. And like i said, Don't play without headphones.
THE KING OF FIGHTERS-i

If you want a solid, well-made, and gorgeous fighting game experience on your iOS device, stay away from SF4 and pick this up instead. It's much more worth the money.
Also free characters and stages are coming soon.
osmos is boring as fuck, just sayin.
(07-29-2011, 06:26 PM)CO2 Wrote: [ -> ]osmos is boring as fuck, just sayin.

I liked it. :'c

But since we're on the subject, there's a huge list of garbage to avoid, so what would you say are the worst games out there? Wink

I'd say, anything made by Gameloft, the only game from them that was any good was Rayman 2 in my opinion.

@Woppet* - Just got that game a little while ago, and I'm loving it. Quite a calm experience, and the music sounds insane! Big Grin

@Alpha Six - Definitely right about SF4. I'll look into this.
The dude who did most of the sprites for Frogatto is a member here. Just saying.
I liked Frogatto! I've only played it on the computer though.
I've got a few more to add to the pyre. Cool

[Image: mzl.ipjxzyqn.320x480-75.jpg]
Ragnarok Violet
I used to play Ragnarok Online. What can I say, It was a really fun MMO, and the sprites mixed with 3D really looked nice. The fact that this App is free also adds to the awesomeness. I also saw Zenonia 3 as being a add supported app, but I think this game has an interface that's just a lot easier, and the story's more engaging. Then again, I have the bias of having played Ragnarok before. Be sure to get it, It's cause it's amazing! Cute

[Image: mzl.nbxxhled.320x480-75.jpg]
I Love Katamari
Quite a lot of fun, my only concern is that the controls are not too responsive. Certainly worth it though. It's pretty challenging, and it even has a book where you could see all of the stuff you've put on your Katamari once you've beaten a level.

@Dazz - Thanks bro, nice to know. Big Grin

@Sol - I just saw it on the app store as I was browsing around. The sprites are what made me want to try it, glad I did. Smile

That's all I've got so far. What are your thoughts?