The VG Resource

Full Version: (PSP) Zettai Hero Project: Unlosing Ranger VS Darkdeath Evilman
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I decided to post these, as I've been trying to pick up (and practice) sprite ripping and this game is not on the site...

This is my first post and my first submission, so I'm just sort've winging things here. If there's any problems, my apologies. I'll do what I can to fix anything that needs fixing.

Fun fact: I made an effort to retain the palettes from the game in the PNG itself. So if you open it in a program that supports palettes (such as GraphicsGale), the palette will be available to manipulate to your liking. Easy recoloring...

[Image: zhp.png]

Main Characters
[Image: pirohiko_icon.png][Image: etranger_icon.png][Image: dangerama_icon.png][Image: noa_icon.png]

NIS Cameos
[Image: laharl_icon.png][Image: etna_icon.png][Image: flonne_icon.png][Image: asagi_icon.png]

I've got the Dengeki Collab characters already ripped, I just need to put some finishing touches on them. They'll be coming soon, among others most likely...

EDIT: Looks like Photobucket resized the Etranger sheet on me... if anybody knows of a solution, I'd be very appreciative... Nevermind.
(07-21-2011, 12:43 AM)QCC Wrote: [ -> ]EDIT: Looks like Photobucket resized the Etranger sheet on me... if anybody knows of a solution, I'd be very appreciative...
Right before uploading an image (or images) to Photobucket, there's a bit of text near the bottom of the window that says "Customize your upload options". Click on that, then put a tick in the radio button by "Best possible quality (while staying 1mb or less)". That should retain the quality of the PNG files after uploading them.

Either way, nice work! I'll be uploading these to tSR first thing tomorrow.
What did you use to rip these? I was waiting the day to rip this myself, glad someone finally did it.
(07-21-2011, 01:12 AM)Untitled Wrote: [ -> ]What did you use to rip these? I was waiting the day to rip this myself, glad someone finally did it.

The ripping itself was done via TiledGGD, but I used NISUnpack and NISDecmp to get the files to a rip-able state.

Amusingly, I have Random Talking Bush to thank for not only the links I used to get each of them, but also for how to use them. Only because everywhere I went trying to find out how to get these sprites, he was there providing information. So thanks RTB. For lots of things. Including the above post, as I've used it to fix the Etranger sheet resizing problem...

Though I submitted a request to delete my Photobucket account, so those links will have to be replaced in 48 hours.

EDIT: Oh, I almost forgot-- a question. Some of the sprites have parts seperated from others. Some are minor things like Dangerama or Etranger's hats. And those are ones that make sense to leave seperate, since some people may want the hatless versions, obviously. But others, like Shana, seem less neccessary. In fact, Shana has her pendant seperate from her body, and the place where it's supposed to be is just a hole. So the question is: should I just assemble the sprites in cases like that, or leave them seperated...?
(07-21-2011, 02:10 AM)QCC Wrote: [ -> ]EDIT: Oh, I almost forgot-- a question. Some of the sprites have parts seperated from others. Some are minor things like Dangerama or Etranger's hats. And those are ones that make sense to leave seperate, since some people may want the hatless versions, obviously. But others, like Shana, seem less neccessary. In fact, Shana has her pendant seperate from her body, and the place where it's supposed to be is just a hole. So the question is: should I just assemble the sprites in cases like that, or leave them seperated...?
If you want, keep 'em separate, but also include the sprites assembled (especially if there's only one way to assemble them).

Anyway, they're up now:
http://www.spriters-resource.com/other_s...index.html
Awesome. It's nice to see this game finally have an entry...

Anyway, I've got the half of the Dengeki characters uploaded. The 8 that I had any knowledge of prior to ZHP. The rest will have to come tomorrow because if I keep at this I'll be up all night...

Dengeki Collab
[Image: taiga_icon.png][Image: index_icon.png][Image: kichi_icon.png][Image: tohru_icon.png][Image: kino_icon.png][Image: kirino_icon.png][Image: shana_icon.png][Image: silvercrow_icon.png]
[Image: celty_icon.png][Image: dokuro_icon.png][Image: haruka_icon.png][Image: firo_icon.png][Image: boogiepop_icon.png][Image: horo_icon.png][Image: momo_icon.png][Image: yoko_icon.png]

EDIT: Now with more Dengeki. I wanted to "assemble" some of those, but attaching heads to bodies (particularly from the back when they have long hair) is hard for me, because I don't know where is the correct position. If anybody knows an easy way to do it with guaranteed accuracy, I'm all ears...

At any rate, I'll move on to the cutscene/battle sprites next, and then maybe try to see if I can find out how to get mugshots/cut-ins to appear properly. If I still have any steam left after all of that, I MAY do enemies/items, but... we'll see...

The only other map sprites left are... well... the protagonist. Who has all of his body parts seperated, and thus is beyond me. I have his walking-around-the-base sprites, which aren't many... but that's it...

Any suggestions/ideas are welcome...
All of them are up, and announced on tSR's front page (as I've posted my submissions update now). As for the sprite pieces, the best option I can think of is to pack up the parts for a specific segment (helmet, body, arm, etc.) into different ZIP files.
I think I'm going to save the main character for later-- at least, after the cutscene sprites, as those seem like they'll be easier to do. That and I really like those, along with the regular map sprites. Which is sort've the order I've been going with. Interest VS ease. Of course another issue is FINDING the location of a lot of sprites, as either NIS is messy or game developing is crazier than I previously thought...

But I also want to see about "assembling" some of those heads and bodies more. I have all the rips just as they were in the data still, as backup, and I've been trying to work on Horo's sheet the best I can. Which is just me doing the easy ones that fit together like a puzzle. However, it's only partially done and the ones left are all "from the behind" and thus really going to be problematic for me.

A quick glance over Boogiepop and Kichi revealed that they're pretty much the same. Some easy ones, but the from-behind ones will invariably be my undoing. However I'm still going to see what I can do on the side here and there, so... who knows...

Either way, in order to not get overwhelmed (or let my other activities die off due to marathoning sprite rips), I'm going to take a bit of a break. It won't be too long, but at least long enough for me to finally put Disgaea 2: Dark Hero Days behind me (I'm on Episode 11, so it won't be TOO long... I hope...).

EDIT: Just as a heads up, it might be a little while longer before I can really get back into the ripping stuff again. Seeing as how I now have a job again (finally), my free time is going to be eatten away at some more. But I still do have every intention of getting back to this and at LEAST doing the cutscene sprites...
I'm not sure what the policy is on double posting, but it's been awhile and editing my last post (again) won't mark it as having anything new (I think...).

In any case, I have some free time today (and perhaps more again soon), and I've begun ripping the larger, cutscene/battle sprites... but I've got a few questions/problems.

For starters, I can't find the cutscene/battle sprites for the regular Unlosing Ranger.

On top of that, I'm not sure what the policy is on spoilers. For anybody who's played the game at least half way, there's a fairly significant spoiler for Etranger. I personally knew it from the start, but I can't say for certain that everybody else did... so I'm not sure how I should approach this.

And on the note of Etranger, there was some frames that did not display right with the settings I was using on the rest of the sprites (and she wasn't the only one who I've seen this with). And I get the feeling that mugshots/cut-ins/etc are also stored differently, as I can't get any of THOSE to display right either...

This is just a few of the hang-ups I've been running into today. I was hopping to hit the ground running, but instead I hit the ground - rolled out of control - and ended up face-first in the dirt...

Any input would be greatly appreciated...