The VG Resource

Full Version: Sonic M&L Style
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hope I put this in right area...
Anyways just got the back sprite right now, I'll be adding extra poses later.

C+C Plz Ninja
Was Jpeg'D I think Fixed

[Image: 29ztuus.jpg]
(08-12-2008, 04:45 AM)liam543 Wrote: [ -> ]Hope I put this in right area...
Anyways just got the back sprite right now, I'll be adding extra poses later.

C+C Plz Ninja
Was Jpeg'D I think Fixed

[Image: 29ztuus.jpg]

It's out of style. The outline is wrong, you need grey pixels on each corner, more shading, ect. Do that and it'll be in style.
You know, you don't need to quote it if the post is right above yours.

It's a good start, I guess. But starting off with the back sprite is weird. The light source is in the wrong spot. Which means shading is wrong. Also not in style. As said before, put the Anti-Aliasing in.
You also need to work on the line art a bit. His shoulders should be visible, instead of just lumping off of his neck.
On the tutorial sheet it said it has 2 and sometime 3 shades of one colour
Ok, but your SHADING is wrong. You know where you put the dark blue colours?
Your sprite is pillow shaded, which means it's not shaded according to how M&L sprites are shaded.
liam543 i felt like editing/revamping your sprite
this is what i came up with
[Image: 2iblszn.png]
Nice You've gotten better kirby ace
(08-14-2008, 02:41 AM)liam543 Wrote: [ -> ]Nice You've gotten better kirby ace
why thank you Big Grin
yours looked out of style and a little small but if you were making your own rpg like thingy with sonic you could use that sonic
(or mine if i feel like continuing on it but this is your thread and i don't want to steal your fame n glory)
[Image: deu5a0.png]
updated:made his arms longer,they looked small
That's still not in style. When you antialias you do it so the background colour doesn't get inside the outline at the corners. Also, you aren't allowed to use black within the lineart, except for objects that are black like Marios eyes and moustache.
I'm sorry but this isn't that great. It isn't in the style and the sprite it's self is ugly.
Darkshot Wrote:That's still not in style. When you antialias you do it so the background colour doesn't get inside the outline at the corners. Also, you aren't allowed to use black within the lineart, except for objects that are black like Marios eyes and moustache.
i updated my revamp to it looks a little more simaler to the style
[Image: b6oikh.png]
should i keep the one above or one below?
[Image: 30jnww1.png]
Nice job stealing his topic. =\
Ok, KirbyAce honestly he had sort of a good start, but yours looks worse, but your getting better, Liams wasn't in style, sorry Kirbyace but don't revamp his until you know what your doing. Back to Liam, the problems with the Sonic are, it looks piollwed all around the spikes, and you need to make the colors a bit lighter, just look at my Dolphins colors. Also it is too square all around, make it a bit rounder, and make it smaller, hes the same height as Mario, and reduce the AA, to 1 pixel. And you have no shading, put some in, and black outlines aren't allowed inside the sprite, make it a darker blue color. Well at least you tried Liam, at least your improving. Also you really need to fix that lineart, it looks sloppy, and don't forget to double outline.
(08-14-2008, 05:30 PM)CoolYoshi Wrote: [ -> ]just look at my Dolphins colors.

shameless self promoting
(08-14-2008, 05:33 PM)Phantom Kirby Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-14-2008, 05:30 PM)CoolYoshi Wrote: [ -> ]just look at my Dolphins colors.

shameless self promoting
Liam here is a good pallete, it's part of the official,
[Image: palletejh7.png]
Pages: 1 2