The VG Resource

Full Version: [FANGAME][PLAYABLE] Xeno Fighters R
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Something happened to my previous post of this topic, so I am reposting it.

Xeno Fighters R is a manic vertically scrolling shooter. It is a fangame that is heavily influenced by the Raiden Fighters series by SEIBU KAIHATSU INC. It is made starting in Game Maker 7, then moved to Game Maker 8. I wrote the game engine on my own, completely from scratch from the ground up.

Quick Features (as of v0.10 Beta):
*26 different ships to chose from, including cameos from different games.
*14 playable stages.
*Auto-fire mode.
*Custom leaderboard
*Arcade mode (play through each stage progressively)
*Conquest mode (score attack mode on one stage of your choice)
*Customizable soundtrack (supports MP3, OGG, and more)

Screenshots:
[Image: screenshot242-1.png][Image: screenshot234-1.png]
[Image: screenshot243-2.png][Image: screenshot158-1.png]

Videos:

v0.10 Beta Download:
http://www.mediafire.com/?aegxpmetf4bcmaw (76.42MB ZIP file)
Extract ALL contents of the ZIP file to a folder of your choice, and run the XenoFightersRv0_10Beta.exe file to play.

Be sure to read the README file supplied with the game before posting feedback.
it's pretty good!
two words.

fuck yeah.
Woah, it's like Pixelships meets Raiden X!

Awesome job bro! Big Grin
Twinbee FTWBig Grin
Wow, nice job man... don't know if you're the same twinbee I know of if yoyo is speaking right, but awesome job nonetheless!
(07-20-2011, 04:56 PM)Mag Wrote: [ -> ]Woah, it's like Pixelships meets Raiden X!

Awesome job bro! Big Grin

Whoa hold up, I thought I was the only one who knew about Pixelships, jesus! High five for extensive indie knowledge.
(07-21-2011, 08:38 AM)phlashblazer Wrote: [ -> ]Wow, nice job man... don't know if you're the same twinbee I know of if yoyo is speaking right, but awesome job nonetheless!
I'm talking about the blue one with red boxing gloves and yellow cockpit (it's boxing gloves and a cockpit, right?)

(07-21-2011, 03:15 PM)Yo-Yo Boy Wrote: [ -> ]I'm talking about the blue one with red boxing gloves and yellow cockpit (it's boxing gloves and a cockpit, right?)

Yep, that is Twinbee on the player roster. Gwinbee is a skinned version of Twinbee, with no difference in attributes and weaponry.

you should really consider some sort of customization feature.
Does every ship have 2 helpers? (Like Zapdos, Moltres and Articuno)
(07-22-2011, 02:07 AM)CO2 Wrote: [ -> ]you should really consider some sort of customization feature.

For the ships? Ship customization was suggested in the past, but I decided against it because it would be totally chaotic.

Music can be easily customized, since all music are external files and their playback information is stored in an external INI file.

(07-22-2011, 04:06 AM)Yo-Yo Boy Wrote: [ -> ]Does every ship have 2 helpers? (Like Zapdos, Moltres and Articuno)

Most ships have 2 Slave ships. All Gradius ships except the Vic Viper use non-attacking shield Slaves. The Galaga ship steals up to 4 small enemies with a tractor beam and turns them into Slaves.

There will be three different final stages in this game. Which one you reach depends on certain conditions based on what you have done earlier. This video shows one of those stages, which takes place in the asteroid field between Mars and Jupiter.