The VG Resource

Full Version: Sonic the Hedgehog
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
This is my first post on tsr. I did this with a sharpie and some c.pencils. enjoy. tell me what you think.Big Grin
[img][Image: 1012330.jpg] Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/img
personally i dont like the angle you took the picture of it at... but i love the drawing! Big Grin i like the glow effect on the emeralds.
EDIT: ...now that i look at it again... =A=; uhhhmmm... the drawing has an odd angle... ...its not just the camera angle... i always notice more errors in things after the first time i see it.
how old are you? dont take this as some sort of offense/provocation. i just want to know as to who we're talking and how we should criticize this.
Im 16
While the idea is nice, I'm spotting a few problems with the emeralds. I understand they're emeralds, but I have NO idea what is going on inside of their lines. I used to do the same thing, so I think I can help.
[Image: 1jobB.png]
see, the right conveys depth and dimension with its lines. You can tell that the front is made up of 7 planes with the middle plane higher than the rest, and the 6 surrounding planes connecting to it, forming a slant (If you understand what I'm trying to say).

With yours, however, it looks simply like a bunch of unnecessary lines in a square.

Using lines to convey the form of the object is EXTREMELY important, because if it isn't done properly, you won't have a clue what to do when trying to shade it.

Secondly, if your drawing is supposed to be based off of the first sonic game, there were only six emeralds at the time, but that's just me nitpicking.
yeah they do look kinda crappy,but they were a last min addition. But i still should have put forth effort. thx for the advice.
Overall what do you think about the picture itself?
given the angle you took the picture, its hard to say.

overall, its bad. not to say you still have a long way to practice and improve.
Yeah i gotta get better at that.
I getting better each day though
thats the sprit. only practice and study leads to improvement.
Heres another sonic i drew but didnt fix it up like the other one.
[img][Image: 1012689.jpg] Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/img]
Oh, a more Sonic OVA approach. While there are some minor oddities on (his) left eye and muzzle area, it's interesting. My only complaint is that it looks traced. Is it?
Nope. i certainly do not trace.
good, that's a relief. Right now I don't really have much to say about it, besides maybe thinning out his left (our right) eye and muzzle part a little?
Are you planning on coloring this?
Idk. Should I ?
It might not be traced, but it's clearly eyeballed.
not much difference between the two, honestly.
Pages: 1 2