The VG Resource

Full Version: Sonic Battle Style Doll Sheet
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Came up with the idea for a Sonic Battle Style dollsheet, and was wondering if you guys thought it was a good idea?
My basic idea is to make a dollsheet using existing Battle Sprite poses, with everything removed (quills, hair, clothes, shoes etc. I think I should leave gloves intact since every Sonic character wears them, but what do you guys think?)
I would then be able to upload it for people to edit into their own custom Battle Sprites. To begin with, I have a couple of questions to the community:
- Has this been done before? (In Battle style?)
- Do you think it's a good idea?
- Any other ideas?

NOTE: Sorry for the absence of pics for the moment, but I should have them up within a few minutes, my laptop is giving me problems Angry

I appreciate any comments and ideas!
PS: I'm new here, so be nice plz Tongue
i have no idea if it has been done before using said sprites(my guess is yes, seeing how basically 95% of the sonic fan base is medically incapable of produce content on its own and has to lower themselves into editing existing work)
EDIT: i can guarantee you that sonic battle sprites have to be the most overabused sprites by the fans since M&L Super Star Saga.

but i can alredy tell you that following the previous statement, making bases by simply editing parts out of an oficial sprite its not only bad(not to say shit) but it also encouarges other to work on that shit rather than develop their own work. so you get twice the shit for half the effort.

if you REALLY want to contribute to the "community"(by community i mean the 95% of the sonic fanbase incapable of developing any sort of creative ways of producing artwork on their own without editing shit), drop this now and develop your own content, and help others do the same if you see yourself making progress. the world has see enough "character creators" and for god sake we already have a deviantART full of every single shity edit ever made by someone with zero intentions to do anything worth anyone's time.
(07-18-2011, 06:50 PM)CO2 Wrote: [ -> ]i have no idea if it has been done before using said sprites(my guess is yes, seeing how basically 95% of the sonic fan base is medically incapable of produce content on its own and has to lower themselves into editing existing work)
EDIT: i can guarantee you that sonic battle sprites have to be the most overabused sprites by the fans since M&L Super Star Saga.

but i can alredy tell you that following the previous statement, making bases by simply editing parts out of an oficial sprite its not only bad(not to say shit) but it also encouarges other to work on that shit rather than develop their own work. so you get twice the shit for half the effort.

if you REALLY want to contribute to the "community"(by community i mean the 95% of the sonic fanbase incapable of developing any sort of creative ways of producing artwork on their own without editing shit), drop this now and develop your own content, and help others do the same if you see yourself making progress. the world has see enough "character creators" and for god sake we already have a deviantART full of every single shity edit ever made by someone with zero intentions to do anything worth anyone's time.

Thanks, I appreciate your point of view. Suppose you might be right. Thanks Shy

This seems more like something you'd do in Flash, anyway (draw up SB style character art and have the user construct their character using those)
Having something like that made with sprites seems a little silly, anyway.

I've seen Sonic flash fancharacter generators before but it looks more like the archie artwork than anything :/
Heh hopefully you can get the pictures up soon so we can see what good work is going on ^^
I think this is a great idea! I'm a big fan of Sonic Battle so i hope this turns out to be good.

EDIT: Just wondering, how will this work for big characters like Vector and Big?
(07-21-2011, 05:52 AM)Yo-Yo Boy Wrote: [ -> ]I think this is a great idea!

Explain why it would be,

excluding:
Quote:I'm a big fan of Sonic Battle
Beacuse then people can make sprites of every offical sonic character and then sonic fangames wouldn't need to mix different styles anymore, i hate it when they do that.
It would also be a lot easier to hack characters like blaze or gemerl into Sonic Battle.
(07-21-2011, 03:00 PM)Yo-Yo Boy Wrote: [ -> ]Beacuse then people can make sprites of every offical sonic character
As you said,
they can't make Vector or Big with them.
Nor those other small timers, like Charmy.

(07-21-2011, 03:00 PM)Yo-Yo Boy Wrote: [ -> ]then sonic fangames wouldn't need to mix different styles anymore, i hate it when they do that.
They still would.

Making a base won't change it that much,
as Sonic Battle sprites are easily editable.
Style clashing would still be there, because this base only helps when it comes to the protagonist and not the things that make the game worth playing, like Sonic enemies (robot grunts), items, levels etc.

(07-21-2011, 03:00 PM)Yo-Yo Boy Wrote: [ -> ]It would also be a lot easier to hack characters like blaze or gemerl into Sonic Battle.
Isn't Gemerl a slightly recoloured Emerl,
who is in the game?
Just making sprites doesn't mean you can insert them easily into Sonic Battle.
It's not Pokemon, where hacking is no longer a theory but an application.

Simply open the program,
and bam, you're on your way.

The problem is still that this base set would be a crutch.
You'd just be allowing more people to make stupid edits and terrible designs.

Sure, your idea of making fan games easier has merit,

but it's outweighed by the amount of fan characters it would spawn.

Whether the bases are good or bad, they'd still be used to make ridiculous Sonic characters, like Green the Hedgehog who shoots lasers and is stronger than Goku.

And that fan games are usually better when it's normal Sonic doing Sonic things.
Fighting isn't a Sonic thing.
I'm not sure why people enjoy Sonic fighting to the point where he's some overpowered, god-mode freak.

The idea is terrible.

It really is.

Just make your own sprites.
Become a better spriter.
I guess you're right.
Just one thing, gemerl isn't in the game, he's from Sonic Advance 3, not that it matters much.
nope, it doesnt matter in the slighties thing.

as for now, i'd rather close the thread, but i'll leave it open to OP's decision( after all its his thread)