The VG Resource

Full Version: Kandyland
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Working on gumdrops, the game's equivalent of goombas. I cant figure out how to make them move, though.....Embarassed
[Image: gume.png]
Let's see, for movement:
-Tilting back and forth
-Rolling
-Hopping

That's all I can think of for movement in these little guys.
As for the sprite itself, I feel you could easily cut down the color count, try to make the colors that you pick out have a noticeable contrast and have a valuable purpose in the overall sprite. For sake of critique I also tried to change the shading a bit.

[Image: 2eflv6h.png]
I only used what your sprite had for this edit, I'd recommend adding a darker red to increase the depth of the sprite.
As the first TUGS round has just started, I will be busy for a while now, but I will probably try hopping for movement, and take your alternate shading technique into consideration. Thanks Smile
Big Grin Smile I tried your method on the green-pallette gumdrop, and it worked spectaculairily, thanks, Clear!
[Image: gggvm.png]
Now onto making them hop......
You know, the idea is to make your own edit based off of his, not actually use his edit
(08-02-2011, 10:39 PM)Cshad Wrote: [ -> ]You know, the idea is to make your own edit based off of his, not actually use his edit

Yeah, it kind of upsets me when people do that.

While you make the hop, don't just slide the sprite, make each frame from scratch, I assume you already know that though.
(08-02-2011, 10:39 PM)Cshad Wrote: [ -> ]You know, the idea is to make your own edit based off of his, not actually use his edit

[Image: 69paxi.png]
Question So it is more of Clear giving me an example of what teqniques I should use, rather than a piece of work to go off of? If so, then here is my based-off-his work, and sorry about that, Clear. Embarassed
yeah, and also the lines are pretty jagged.
(08-03-2011, 02:15 PM)Key Wrote: [ -> ]yeah, and also the lines are pretty jagged.

I will work on that, thanks. Smile