The VG Resource

Full Version: Nes Sprite - Lady Opera
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well, this is my first (real) hard work sprite. Staying within nes limitations I am making a character sprite (the sprites you see here are used in a game I made, but I want to update them.)

Based on the Ricky Sprite (Moon Pearl NES) I've designed lady opera. Yet I have no idea how to fix the dress. It bugs me and a few other people who have seen my game. Shy

[Image: opera.png]

So any advice?

Edit: I plan on changing the dieing sprite, and adding more to the climbing sprite. See the Ricky sheet on TSR to see what I am going for. My plan is to do all the sprites on that sheet, but I have to fix the basics first, so I posted it here.
iv never heard of that game but it looks cool
Yeah, it looks pretty good, but I dont get the swimming sprites

I quite like the climb and jump, they look really good
@ultimakid
This sheet

It's a very good game, you should play it.
Oh, I see, now that I saw that sheet, they look very simular in style, so good job

But I dont get the die, why does she get smaller?
Ah Moon Crystal - now that as a NES game with silk smooth sprites.

Yeah I can see what you mean about the dress. Loose clothes are always hard to get right. I find the best way it so use real-life references and see how the skirt moves around the leg positions - if your serious about your work it pays off.

And yes the style is right but it needs more sprites. I'm guessing this is just because it's WIP but more frames for each animation is needed.
[Image: broswerlx2.png]

Yep, I plan on turning all of these into a sheet.

Am I crazy? Yes I am!