The VG Resource

Full Version: Some .Hack//G.U. Sprites :D
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: abjvp.png] Mecha Grunty loves Em. Big Grin
So how did I do? I was bored and I recently started playing //Rebirth so I decided to make some Chims Cute
.hack//sign used to be one of my favorite Animes, so that automatically makes me luv it. Big Grin

Needs more contrast though. Also some hue shifting and selective outlining wouldn't hurt, especially for the yellow guy, try a nice yellow to purple, since that's what everyone does. The size could be a little bigger too, it's hard to see the detail in such a tiny sprite. Tongue
Fixed Background Color, Shading/Outlining, and added a larger size for better viewing.[Image: dpcxp1.png]

Annnnddd~ DEATH GRUNTY [Image: t7epur.png]
Your sprite needs contrast.

with a size so small, you need to improve readability or else your work will look like a colorless blot.
i dont quite understand what you mean, how can i increase the readability? Very Sad

UPDATE: Haseo and improved hair for Death Grunty.
[Image: n4zk9g.png] [Image: 24gkho0.png]
added some better contrast... :0 [Image: 22gnkh.png][Image: wimv82.png]
you're off to a good start, but the blue chim is awfully flat looking, and uses way too many colors. just trying to flatly fill in the base colors showed me that XD

using the front blue chim as a base, i did a quick edit for you that you're free to edit and use. I don't know what style you're going for, so i just did some generic shading. as you can see, on the legs, i assume they're all parallel to eachother. while i haven't seen the show/game whatever, i don't think it will be easy to stand up like that. Because of that, i used the contrast between the legs to show that the most outward legs were slightly behind the others. take a look at the edit, you'll see what i mean.
[Image: 9c4de21026b9b5f67c47f548e20fc24a.png]
i had trouble with the Cute mouth, so i just did what i could, heheheh.
(07-14-2011, 04:29 PM)Cytric Acid Wrote: [ -> ]you're off to a good start, but the blue chim is awfully flat looking, and uses way too many colors. just trying to flatly fill in the base colors showed me that XD

using the front blue chim as a base, i did a quick edit for you that you're free to edit and use. I don't know what style you're going for, so i just did some generic shading. as you can see, on the legs, i assume they're all parallel to eachother. while i haven't seen the show/game whatever, i don't think it will be easy to stand up like that. Because of that, i used the contrast between the legs to show that the most outward legs were slightly behind the others. take a look at the edit, you'll see what i mean.
[Image: 9c4de21026b9b5f67c47f548e20fc24a.png]
i had trouble with the Cute mouth, so i just did what i could, heheheh.
:0 That looks... pretty good... and only 5 colors! [including white] Though in the game the legs ARE parallel... I guess they stay standing by moving them side to side really fast, lol. Thanks for literally SHOWING me the problem, I'm gonna color it like you did if its alright. Big Grin