The VG Resource

Full Version: [Art][Music] KoA's lil Shanty of Shtuff
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just wanted to start off with saying "Holy Fuck". It's been like 2 years since I've visited this place and I forgot why I left but I'm trying to return here and be back to what I once was. If you don't know, I'm KoA, and this will be my brain barf ground for all my art projects, visual or otherwise. :>

Welcome all to my art tread. I tend to dabble in alot of fields of art media, so I will do my best to make sure they are all represented. My main goal with this thread is to ultimately have a one-stop location for all my artwork, past, present, and future.

Basically this thread will be broken down into two parts; Art, and Music. Now I have tons of work in this thread, and as a result, this can easily become a giant clusterfuck of large images and greatly bog down anyone running on a crappy PC. So to prevent this as well as make things nice and neater, I will instead provide you guys with thumbnail links to my images. This is meant to be an art gallery, right? What better way to show off a gallery than with tiny previews to lure you into the bigger picture. Links certainly don't do justice in this case. I'll only preview a few from each section Just as a sort of mini sampler for you guys, eh? ;)

All I ask from you kind viewers are that if you are to provide critique,(which is always openly encouraged!) please try to be as helpful as you can to help me improve. Art is by its very nature ever changing and mistakes are going to happen. I will of course not mind either if you simply stop by just to share your thoughts on my work, however good or bad. If one can't handle opinions, one shouldn't share his work, hahaha. :)

Now on to the the meat of this thread, yes? I will start off with my non-colored artwork. Now be warned, the vast majority of these are ancient, (I'm talking back in '03 ancient) so the quality of these aren't to be as good and therefore I'm merely posting as a sort of milestone of how far along I came.

My subject matter is mostly random, But I guess I tend to focus mainly on Pokemon, even though I'm also a huge fan of the Megaman and Castlevania franchises as well. In fact, like 90% of my art is based in some part to video games, hahaha.

Enough dilly dally, have at thee!

Uncolored Works
Back in High school, my main thing was Megaman Battle Network. I loved it and loved designing new Navis and enemies for it. Eventually this gave way to my current enjoyment of the X series. The later pictures were all my ideas for characters and Mavericks for my own Megaman X fangame that never took off. :(
[Image: th_Haunting.png] [Image: th_Rail-Ink.png] [Image: th_DeathVirusPic.png] [Image: th_GrespelDragon.png] [Image: th_piratemanexeth3.png][Image: th_Julia_Concept_001.png]

Now we start moving onto my pokemon phase. A lot of these are ideas for new Pokemon as well :p
Colored Works

It was right around the time of a few years back that I actually regularly colored my pictures. I started off really horrible, and until recently was I happy with my style. I graduated form several styles too.

[Image: th_deoxys-a.png] [Image: th_glaceonblizzard.png] [Image: th_nine-creature.png] [Image: th_hyenadon.png]

The New Stuff

With this section comes the verification that all people undergo great changes in life. And I'm no exception to this rule. In fact, I've undergone such changes that my artwork changed with it, offering a much darker and insidious tone than before. The neat digital pictures have all been overcome by the dark harshness of ink and pen. While I'm not saying I'm completely dark themed, the impact is significant, and the work reflects it. However these pieces are still great in my opinion, they just reflect another side of me.
[Image: phasma_enigmagorio_album_art_by_kingofan...494b0c.png]
[Image: suffer_thy_fate_of_death_by_kingofanime_koa-d3j4o4g.jpg][Image: judgement_of_the_lord_of_flame_by_kingof...3iydrj.jpg][Image: birth_of_the_mad_ocean_god_by_kingofanim...3h6zw1.png][Image: garchomp_head_by_kingofanime_koa-d3j5s9l.jpg][Image: krookodile_the_sand_monster_by_kingofani...3dmn5d.png]

Newest Work

[Image: phasma_enigmagorio_album_art_by_kingofan...494b0c.png]

In This section, I merely post the newest piece of art I've done. In today's case, It's the cover art to my Video Game Remix album. I've gone under the Alias of Phasma Enigmagorio because it sounded awesome. the album title, "Time of the World" was because I was drunk and thought it would make a great title. I wanted this to be a cover that could showcase how epic on a universal scale the album can be, while being completely unrelated to the album itself. :)

Well that's all my art for now. I rarely take requests as I never really have time for them, but you can always ask and i dunno, you might be surprised. Besides, the worst I can say is no. ;)

Do enjoy your stay at the Art Kingdom of KoA!

Now I mentioned Music, but for now I merely ask you remain patient, as I'm finishing up my Video Game Remix project. There's around 80 songs, featuring remixes of songs from games from the Pokemon, Sonic, Megaman, Lufia, Ys, and other franchises. I just need a decent place to host the album really. :/

But here are some samples to hopefully tide you over. Feel free to leave thoughts on them!

Gang-plank Galleon. The final showdown with King K. Rool! Maybe..

Gravity Beetle's Stage. One of my favorites from Megaman X3.

Wily's Stage 2. One of the most iconic pieces of video gaming music ever.

Vs Nebula Grey. Can you defeat the beast who is the source of all dark chips?

Sinistral Battle (Lufia 2) The 4 Mad Gods are confronted at last! Can you slay them and save the earth?
overall your stuff is pretty good, it's just there's a lot to go through.
i can see you've made an effort to organize this, but i think if you put in some spoiler tags per category and/or renamed the links it would help a lot! Smile

as for your latest piece: where is it set? how do you think you can make it look more scary?
i'll write up more soon.

S...So much stuff... O______O

I love the Navi drawings!!
Thanks for the input Chris, I will dedicate some time here later tonight to properly organise this more. (Doh, I'm not sure why I didn;t think of renaming links)

I like the hide tags idea too for sections. I didn't realize how massive a thread this is. And thank you as well Jetters. I been thinking of drawing more Megaman Stuff.
You guys will be happy to know that I've finally updated and organized this topic. Hopefully you guys find it easier to peruse! I've gone ahead and updated the first post with some more art, and some more updated music. Smile

And just so this post isn't a complete waste of time, here's a picture of Megaman X I drew up in chalk on a sidewalk and SnakeMan drawn up with a more updated body!

[Image: mega.jpg]

[Image: snake.jpg]
Wow some of those Pokemon are really killer. My favorite is the hand cuff Pokemon (lol).

Also WALLMASTER. It'd be awesome to see more Wind Waker. Super awesome Big Grin