The VG Resource

Full Version: Orbs of Legacy
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Okay, I wasn't so sure where to put this, but I think this is the right place.
K, so I'm still a beginner, and that means I'll need constructive criticism.

My sprites are based off those from other games, so yeah. Just to prepare you for it.

[Image: MonsterHunterOrbsofLegacy-Hero.jpg]

The standing sprite (It's not the in-battle idle, just something old that I now use as a reference.) is based on Ash from Phantom Brave. The overworld walking sprites are based on the warrior's from Final Fantasy 1 (PSP).
Quote:based
So I'm looking at some non-original sprites that have been edited? Those are usually frowned upon around here.

The work you did over these sprites doesn't blend with the original style. If you could supply us with the originals, we could help you get the style right.
However, the point of this forum is to produce and share your own original work.
I'd also like to point out that you saved your file as a .jpg, which compresses it; compression means you lose quality. Next time I'd save the file as .png.
Ah. I see.

So I guess I should at least try to make my own custom sprites. I'll need correcting though. I can leave that to you guys I guess. These are the bases/skeletons of the new overworld sprites.

[Image: overworldbases.png]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I haven't done some other poses, so yeah.
To the right, the sizes are kid sized. Left, teenager/adult size.