The VG Resource

Full Version: Arcana Heart 3
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
It was a bitch getting the US version of the game. First, the PSN goes down thanks to hackers Cry. Then I found out I made a typo in my email for the PSN. So I had to make a 2nd user login for my ps3. My country wasn't selectable in the region so I had to pick the closest one which was Indonesia. Before the outage Hong Kong(not even my country also) was selectable but not anymore. It was frustrating the game wasn't available for that region. I ask myself why. Forgot its for the US market. So I had to make a 3rd user login. The next issue was that it took forever to download. Close to 5 hours.

After playing the game I was a little disappointed that you can only charge the super meter up to 3 levels and doing homing dash cancels requires at least 1 meter. It feels so limited. I can't do the juggle combos I used to do. You do get unlimited flight dashes but you have to pay attention to your power meter to not accidentally spend it. I personally think AH2 is better. If only Aksys made a US release.

Overall its still worth it better than MVC3. My friend and I played the game for at least an hour and were disappointed with some of the new changes especially the tag switching.
I want to like Arcana Hearts, but can't.

The cast of underage anime girls creeps me out every time. One of them is a 10 year old in a swimsuit being digested alive by a giant slime. WHAT THE FUCK.

Also the mechanics are really ~out there~ and you can start matches with Specials that do 1/2 health bar damage. Dumb.
(06-18-2011, 08:34 AM)GrooveMan.exe Wrote: [ -> ]I want to like Arcana Hearts, but can't.

The cast of underage anime girls creeps me out every time. One of them is a 10 year old in a swimsuit being digested alive by a giant slime. WHAT THE FUCK.

Don't force yourself to like this game. Everyone keeps telling me to get God of War. I just don't find the game to be appealing as compared to Bayonetta or DMC.

I do understand why people will get turned off by the graphics and character designs alone. But at least the roster is consistent. MVC3's roster (specifically Capcom) is all over the place. They have better fighters that they can introduce but they decided to include joke type characters like Viewtiful Joe/Arthur or a really obscure one like Spencer. I think they should have started with a new Xmen vs SF 2 game.

(06-18-2011, 08:34 AM)GrooveMan.exe Wrote: [ -> ]Also the mechanics are really ~out there~ and you can start matches with Specials that do 1/2 health bar damage. Dumb.

Really? Looks like Examu needs to make an update.
(06-18-2011, 09:17 AM)rgveda99 Wrote: [ -> ]They have better fighters that they can introduce but they decided to include joke type characters like Viewtiful Joe/Arthur or a really obscure one like Spencer. I think they should have started with a new Xmen vs SF 2 game.

[Image: charlize+theron+monster+our+kitchen+sink1270498033.jpg]
I've played this game and it's really okay.

It has some really neat mechanics and ideas (homing and arcanas) and it's actually pretty simple to learn and be okay at. And a lot of the characters are really okay playstyle wise.

But I honestly can't get into it as much as I can Blazblue, Street Fighter and MvC3. It just doesn't feel as good or great as those games.

Overall it's really okay but not 30 bucks okay. If the price ever drops on psn I'd recommend it.

(06-18-2011, 08:34 AM)GrooveMan.exe Wrote: [ -> ]Also the mechanics are really ~out there~ and you can start matches with Specials that do 1/2 health bar damage. Dumb.

Blocking.

Also starting any round in any fighting game with a super that doesn't change your form is pretty dumb.
(06-18-2011, 10:36 PM)Rags Wrote: [ -> ]I've played this game and it's really okay.

It has some really neat mechanics and ideas (homing and arcanas) and it's actually pretty simple to learn and be okay at. And a lot of the characters are really okay playstyle wise.

I personally think AH2 is better. I feel so limited now that the super meter is now only 3 levels as compared to the prequels which is a maximum of 9. And it actually will waste 1 meter to do a homing cancel when there was a seperate meter for that. I used to make launcher combos off the screen something MVC series can't do unless your using Chunli's infinite juggle in MVC1.

(06-18-2011, 10:36 PM)Rags Wrote: [ -> ]But I honestly can't get into it as much as I can Blazblue,

I prefer Guilty Gear over Blazblue. GG offers faster gameplay and better characters. Of course I only played the 1st game. Not sure how Aksys sped things up for Continuum Shift.

But it was really annoying when playing Arakune's story. Noel was such a cry baby. She's no Millia Rage.

(06-18-2011, 10:36 PM)Rags Wrote: [ -> ]

Blocking.

Irrelevant. Specials of that strength need to be worked up towards, not just handed to you at the start. Even the Capcom Vs. games, which start out with 1 bar of Super don't let you use the seriously damaging standalones until 3 bars.
(06-19-2011, 03:34 AM)GrooveMan.exe Wrote: [ -> ]

Blocking.

Irrelevant. Specials of that strength need to be worked up towards, not just handed to you at the start. Even the Capcom Vs. games, which start out with 1 bar of Super don't let you use the seriously damaging standalones until 3 bars.

Do you have a youtube link to this particular move?

Blocking.

unless you're zangief.
(06-19-2011, 07:49 AM)rgveda99 Wrote: [ -> ]

Blocking.

Blocking.

Blocking is not irrelavant. It allows you to defend yourself from said attack.
Wtf are you talking about. The only versus games that let you do level 3s is MvC3 and TvC/. And even then a versus game is much worse than a half life special that CAN BE BLOCKED

Blocking One move> constant struggle of blocking confusing mixups or getting hit once and losing The whole game.
generic anime is so cliche
(06-19-2011, 06:01 PM)Negative-Zer0 Wrote: [ -> ]

Blocking.

Blocking is not irrelavant.

He never said blocking was irrelevant. He was saying my point in the argument was irrelevant. I can honestly see his point Calm down.
(06-19-2011, 01:45 PM)GrooveMan.exe Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-19-2011, 07:49 AM)rgveda99 Wrote: [ -> ]

Blocking.

Do you mean the Flower Petals showering?

I think this is a hack arcade game. Not sure really as I've never played this game at the arcade though. Your supposed to do the extend force before executing the arcana blaze. It might be they added this feature in AH3 for the ps3.

But MVC2 is much worse where the top tier characters like Sentinel and Ironman can win by juggling. Wolverine in MvsSF was just as bad as he can do an infinite loop in the corner.

I'll check out this game again when I'm free from work as I haven't had the time to observe the damage.
Infinites and juggles are an entirely different issue to Special damage rates; and have a different effect on 'Game Feel'. I don't ever recall saying that MvC2 was a better game, but it handles that aspect of game feel much better.

I don't think a game where you can perform such destructive attacks from the start is good Game Feel. They should be a reward for getting well-entrenched in the fighting. The polar opposite of this game would be BlazBlue in this regard - Astral Finishes can only be earned in very specific circumstances, but they kill instantly.
Pages: 1 2