The VG Resource

Full Version: WOW!!! 2x sprites of boredomitude! SUPER de DUPER mario & dancing Ness
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
so i took the original sprites, 2x sizedified them, then messed around with them out of boredom to see what i could do... i might make more or update the currents if i get bored again... and i get bored often... so yeah... what do you think, helpful critics are welcome...

[Image: sprites_x2_by_linkofawesome-d3ixyoh.png]

Please remember to use an image hosting site instead of attachments (I use this) then paste the code between the [img] [/img] tags.

Those look quite nice to me but they feel slightly pillow shaded.
do more mario in that style please
I think they could use more contrast and/or less colors.
Besides that they're quite nice!
They look really pillowed. And a few places are pretty blocky.

They're okay otherwise.
yeah, the colors need to be a little stronger, along with more contrast. Less colors would also help just for the sake of readability. Right now they're just too soft, and there aren't enough colors to 'solidify' the sprites, if you understand what I'm trying to say :V
I did some more to the Mario sprite to make it look smoother and less
pillow shaded and gave it a walking cycle. i also made the mustache brighter.

[Image: mario_update_by_linkofawesome-d3j3pek.png]

waddayeah think pals
... cause thats what we are
... Big Grin
I prefer the darker palette, TBH. These are looking excellent, though! Keep it up!
do more
animate them
More actions, slightly tweaked colors, a mushroom, and a whole lotta love Cute Heart

[Image: mario_update_2_by_linkofawesome-d3jddb1.png]

walk
[Image: mario_animated_by_linkofawesome-d3jdavh.gif]
jump
[Image: mario_jump__gif_by_linkofawesome-d3jdc9k.gif]

WADDAYA THINK ME OLE BUCKO'S!!! Big Grin

Hey I like this style. Plump and fluffy.
YES.
CONTINUE THIS.
there's something definitely wrong with that walk cycle
(06-20-2011, 01:32 AM)MRSKELETON Wrote: [ -> ]there's something definitely wrong with that walk cycle

That's because it's less than half of what the walk cycle probably should be.

I know that in the NES games his cycle only had about three frames, but in a sprite of this scale it doesn't really look good. Maybe consider adding some new frames, otherwise the walk cycle's gonna look choppy.
hahaha, this is delicious.
Pages: 1 2