The VG Resource

Full Version: I hate trees..
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Trying to make some dig dug sprites in the outline-less, gameboy advanced type format. A little knew to me. I made some Taizo that I'm quite proud of but am having some trouble with the Pooka. Doesn't look quite right to me. Constructive crit?

[Image: 2419509.gif][Image: pooka.gif]

It's not moving on my computor.. Is Taizo's animation showing up?
nope, non animated gif.
Yeah Taizo looks pretty good, however there's only 1 frame in the .gif it seems.
Alright, I fixed that little sucker!
oh wow, are these completely custom? you're pretty good Ouch!

I like them. taizo's animation is indeed very much in style with GBA sprites, which is what you were going for. so good job Cute
I think you could fix the shading on pooka though, the shading doesn't fit normal spherised shading. it's odd.
taizo looks pretty dark: if you got the shading of this body consisten with the shading on his goggles they'll look far better. he isn't moving, either.
it doesn't strike me as gameboy advance style, because the limitations of the system allowed quite an array of styles, but maybe you have a game/company's style in mind.

anyway, these look great and i'm looking forward to more! Smile
Great! but, aren't Pooka's glasses slightly smaller?

Pooka's color is a little dark, and Taizo's too,

Thereafter, there's nothing more that I can say =D

Just want to see more Cute
(06-09-2011, 08:39 AM)Chris2Balls [:B] Wrote: [ -> ]it doesn't strike me as gameboy advance style, because the limitations of the system allowed quite an array of styles, but maybe you have a game/company's style in mind.

it does to me. It reminds me greatly of the Medabots RPG for the GBA.
Thanks for the feedback. Here's my first background that I'm trying to work on. I'm at a loss for what to do. What is suggested that I do next? (I hate trees with a passion)

[Image: wipt.png]
give it more character.

this looks like a pretty old tree considering its size; old trees tend to be pretty firmly rooted in the ground, and life tends to spread around it- insects, birds, plants, fungi that grow on or next to the tree... when a tree reaches that size, it starts to define its surroundings.
your tree seems to lack branches, and i find it very unlikely that a tree has such a wide branch (eg the one on the left).

the tree has an entrance: this gives it a function. why is there a hole in the tree? what is it for? where does it go? where is this? what season and time is it? there are quite a few other questions you could ask yourself to make this piece progress, but it's up to you to question yourself and answer these.

good luck!
(06-10-2011, 02:31 PM)Chris2Balls [:B] Wrote: [ -> ]the tree has an entrance: this gives it a function. why is there a hole in the tree?

actually the tree is eating the ground, you can't notice it but you can see some teeth inside the hole (jk)

also make the bark texture more detailed and irregular; it'll make your tree to stand out. Check out some tree references and try applying them into your work

just don't overdo it or else it'll ruin your work.