The VG Resource

Full Version: Custom sprites
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Here it is
[Image: cuzom.png]

C+C?
you really really REALLY need to considertaking your time to read a tutorial about anatomy. for a start.

no forget it. you shouldn't consider, you should do it. like drop this for now, read that tutorial and come back later when you have taken some lessons and studied a bit more how the human body works.
I agree with fuchikoma. Knowing how to draw anatomy in advance will seriously give you alot of aid doing sprites.

If you want to be good at something art-wise, you should always master the realistic drawing first, and then, and only then, focus on a specific style.
So instead, I don't sprite anything. Because the last topic was ML3/BIS and they say I need to practice my Custom sprites. And now...
that's not true. there are things that don't require that much knowledge in anatomy that you can do.
you've forgotten a huge chunk of things you can do.
isometrics are a good way to pick up color composition and shading
It's a way hard to make a good anatomy-based sprite at the first time,

Read some Tutorial like Fuchikoma said, then you'll see how it works,

It's not just M&L sprite style, there's a lot of styles you can use,

Art is a way to find your internal creativity and show it to the world, that's what I think =D

So, don't take it so bad, I'm a victim of the Anatomy thing too, and I didn't give up for a long time,

Find your way, if you like M&L style, study it till you feel satisfied, then, start doing sprites till you get one resembling the style,

You choose what you want to do...
I do hope you realise that everything everyone has said are suggestions that you may choose to listen to or not.
However, suggestions have come from some pretty amazing people, if I say so, so I would listen.
Practice (practicepracticepracticepracticepracticepractice) anatomy, that's the only way you'll get better.
Okay. I'll practice as much as I can. Thanks you all for the suggestions.
Get a copy of Bridgman, and a copy of Richter and you're good to go, while there are online tutorials for free in anatomy most aren't very good. Bridgman will give you the geometric construction and foundational skills you need, while Richter will give oyu the literal anatomy of where things go(while knowing every little detail about anatomy isn't completely necessar it does help later on when progressing to more detailed works, which is why I need go back to Richter and use his book daily.)
How much does Bridgman and Ritcher cost. Are they free?
Well I haven't found one that is.
You can bet your botched anatomy they're helpful though
both are about 20 bucks.
i'd rather close this for now. if you get to study those books and feel like brining more content or new content, feel free to open a new thread.