The VG Resource

Full Version: girl WIP + oldstuff
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Alright, I've been working on this:

[Image: sprite_of_lebrdoodzle.png]

It's a random girl of sorts, I'm just kinda creating it as I go, and I haven't really thought it through from the beginning. But just when I thought I might be on the right track for making a neat sprite, I realized something feels real odd to me about her stance, and I just can't figure out what. So I'd like some c+c and tips about how to make her look more naturally stading before moving on with it, please. Big Grin

Also, here's some rpg-ish stuff I made some time (a lot of time) ago:

[Image: rpg_sprite_stuff.png]

Critique would be nice.
Thanks in advance.
hrmm, about the stance, maybe make her front leg a bit more bent, otherwise it looks as if she's leaning back on her back foot, which doesn't seem to match the rest of the sprite. Also maybe turn her hips a bit more aligned towards the direction she's standing.
On a side note, her left arm looks broken. it's anatomically impossible to twist your arm like that.

The RPG stuff looks pretty cool. I especially like the style of the portraits. On the female, the necklace feels off to me. It doesn't appear to actually rest on her collarbones. Food for thought.

Good jov!
Alright, thanks, bro, I'll work on the girl asap. Don't think I'll be improving those old sprites so soon, though, but I'll sure get to it when I have time.

Thanks again!
Okay, I guess I kind of fixed her stance, maybe something about her proportions is off now?

[Image: sprite_of_lebrdoodzle2.png]
i think you could give the arms more volume, as they're quite noodly for now. the navel seems rather far to the right, if i compare it to the rotation of the chest. the legs look quite dark compared to the rest, too, so toning down the darker shade could sort that out. i'm tempted to say that the thigh is quite fat; if it bothers you, you can trim a few pixels on the inside of the thigh, from the top downwards.

i'm looking forward to more!
Yes more volume should do the trick. I have little to add to Chris2Balls's post, apart from the fact that her left hand is in an unrecognizable position. I know how hard hands are though.
Okay, here's how it is so far, I tried fixed everything you guys pointed out, but maybe I missed something.

[Image: sprite_of_lebrdoodzle3.png]

All I see missing now is the rest of her armor, which's far from finished. Anything other anatomy/pose/shading/whatever issue I should tackle besides that?
looks fantastic.
Her right hand could still use some work but other than that, great. Cute
the way you shaded her belly makes it looks it's bulging, you should see that
Alright! Thanks fellas for all the comments and tips! I haven't had much time (or nearly any time at all) to put into this, but here goes my latest edit:

[Image: sprite_of_lebrdoodzle5.gif]

Hopefully I fixed all the problems pointed out so far. Probably I've created new ones. So, criticize!

Also, I know, her armor ain't finished, she's got no pants and stuff. I'm gonna fix all that as soon as I figure out how her pants/skirt/whatever is gonna look like.
haha, I think it's great! Loving the new shading, good job. Cute
So, I guess I finished her armor, gave her a skirt and messed with her proportions a bit. I think it's better now, but this thread is about what other people think, so, please, be my guests to criticize!

[Image: sprite_of_lebrdoodzle6.gif]

Next step, give her a weapon!
Almost Perfect, just the Weapon and it'll be a great sprite! =) (Depending on how good the Weapon is gonna be)
Sorry for the minimalist update, but time's been incredibly short lately.

[Image: spritewithbow.png]

So, that's it, she's gonna be an archer.

Aditionally, here's a tileset I've been SLOWLY working on, experimenting with pallettes and RPG clichés.

[Image: project_mockup.png]

Crits, please? Big Grin
The words on the signs make it a bit cluttered. It might be a good idea just to use the pictures.