The VG Resource

Full Version: POSTING FROM MY PHONE [tSRC, 5/6/11]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I'm posting from my Samsung Rogue to share with you guys that a new feature's been added....a mobile way to browse the site.
This can be views on almost any smartphone, BlackBerry, Sony Ericcson, and even your Nintendo DSi.

[Image: GnbnO.png]
[Above: My wonderful dramatization.
Below: Actual iPhone screencap of the thread from Woppet's iPhone]
[Image: RPNQP.jpg]

Anyway, the plugin is currently in beta so it MIGHT break compatibility with some plugins - I haven't checked myself yet, but if there are any issues let me know.

And secondly, not every phone is available right off the bat. All smartphones and Sony Ericsson phones should have no issues using mobile TSR right off the bat, but if your phone isn't one of these then it has to be manually added to our list (don't worry it takes literally seconds to add the phone) and then the mobile configuration should load immediately.
I'm also going to break the forced themes in the submission forums for less issues on mobile TSR.

so yeah. i guess i COULD post a pic but it's kinda hard to do that while on my phone lol.

EDIT: Added Verizon Wireless BREW UA String - so all verizon phones should have no issues when visiting TSR.

EDIT 2: I just noticed a neat little feature - posts made from a phone will have a [Image: posted_1.gif] icon right next to where the thread post number is (top right). this is kinda sweet B)
[Image: RPNQP.jpg]
oh, i like how an iPhone makes my typo stand out even more ):

I have a request for you guys:

if your phone won't automatically load TSR Mobile, let me know your carrier/phone model in a spoiler tag. I'm more likely to use something carrier-specific but it's more helpful to let me know like; "Verizon LG enV Touch" because I can look up the AU String. Or, you can post it in a spoiler tag after visiting http://whatsmyuseragent.com on your phone and copying the user agent word for word (not your IP, please)

so yeah, I'm most curious if it works on T-Mobile, Virgin Mobile (generally anything NOT verizon as I just addressed that with a single string) and UK phone carriers

once again, I want to know if the automatic redirect works, not if the skin itself works (coz i know it's gonna work anyway)
Worked on my T-Mobile UK iPhone first time.
all right B)

wait i didn't even know t-mobile existed in the UK
i'll assume it's the same for US T-Mobiles for now, but idk if due to regional licensing they actually use different browsers or what.

DoCoMo was preloaded into the list of UA strings, so if you're japanese and we don't know it, your phone is bound to work!

also i'm kinda assuming the DSi auto redirect works; if it doesn't do so Nintendo DSi owners should post here that it doesn't.
That's kind of cool, actually. Did you code this yourself or is this an official MyBB mod?
I wish I could say it was all me but unfortunately it was not >:

It's not really an official myBB mod either - the project is called GoMobile. I haven't actually edited anything yet to make it TSR-unique though; maybe I will later on. :V
Well, still, it's kind of cool. Honestly, all that it needs is a slight palette change and it'll be tSR-ish.
OH MY GOD THANK YOU KOSHEH I LOVE YOU SO MUCH

This will make posting from my droid bearable.

Edit: IT'S SO MUCH FASTER OH MY GOOOOOOOOOD
this is fantastic, it's so much faster
I guess this'll be nice for the 3DS, too (when they release that dumb browser) Big Grin
I'm on my DSi now, it works and it's so much faster! Genki ^_^
Kosh, is it possible to
a) increase avatar size
b) enable post thanking
I'm on my computer, now I can finally thank lmao

i really like the mobile site. thank.
Posting from my 3DS.
It automatically went to the mobile skin.
it's actally really fast. much faster than my phone.

[Image: iiNNH.jpg]

Sorry about the flash flare. It's dark in my pillow fort.
Pages: 1 2