The VG Resource

Full Version: it's a samus.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
[Image: samosa.png] 2x for convenience's sake
haven't posted in a while but here's a thingy i did today

comments and crits please

can someone animate the runs and post them for everyone's benefit please? (0.07secs per frame is a good speed)
i've tried uploading the .gif to imageshack about 5 times but it doesn't show up as an animation Unsure
i really don't like the current palette, because the colours melt together. the contrast is either too high or too low in some places.
keep tweaking!
the pallet definitely needs work and the anti-aliasing isn't doing the sprite any favours either
The colors mix together, especially near the shoulder pads.
Hoestly, first I thought she was a big ice cream cone.
What they said :/

For the Server, you could use Photobucket, or another one, Imageshack is not the only one,

The Weapon (when samus is running to the left) needs to be drawn, I mean, you did like it is a cardboard, the same for the right leg in those sprites, and the left leg in the other ones,

Check this:
http://spriters-resource.com/gameboy_adv...sheet/8803

You better work on the sprite itself, the sprite is good, just needs some improvement ;D
i'm pretty sure the leg and cannon are done in that fashion just to increase its readbility and present them as objects in the character's background.

as for the upload, use imgur.
thanks for all the crits, i'm working on it now

i've started adjusting the palette to help readability so expect an update soon

@isael-21 i meant for the far limbs to be done darker for the reasons that fuchikoma has said. for the legs especially, it would be a mess because there would be so much overlapping colour and they wouldn't be able to be distinguished from one another

[Image: 8wuat.gif][Image: 0FA2q.gif]
here are the animations

edit:
have some progress
[Image: Ozmyv.png]

are these colours better? or is further tweaking needed?
new palette is better, but too bright IMO. The light looks too yellow and unnatural, and doesn't really blend in with the rest of the colours.

overall though, I do like your style.
(06-05-2011, 05:02 AM)Lord Melchior Wrote: [ -> ]new palette is better, but too bright IMO. The light looks too yellow and unnatural, and doesn't really blend in with the rest of the colours.

overall though, I do like your style.
thankees

is it mainly the highlights that need changing? or are the colours all too bright?

i'll definately change the shine on the helmet to a more red colour

edit:
[Image: v2rSq.png] is this better?

edit2:
Palette applied to animations
[Image: hELq1.gif][Image: vNxdp.gif]
[Image: 3HZSl.gif][Image: OfokN.gif]
Seems too static, give the torso/head some more motion
the shoulders is what need to be animated actually.
should the shoulders twist or bounce?? i was originally thinking of twisting the thorax during the run but i got lazy, i tried bouncing and it looks ridiculous Unsure

[Image: Rt4oV.png]
[Image: ImwXe.gif][Image: YvQWZ.gif][Image: QLP0B.gif]

here's some more stuff
first: sprite the head separate from everything else
second: sprite the shoulder separate from everything else
third: sketch out animation, then fill in with detail from 1 and 2 to finish.

think of momentum when you wonder where the shoulders go.
(06-05-2011, 05:41 AM)mr grumbleguts Wrote: [ -> ]edit:
[Image: v2rSq.png] is this better?

much better Smile
Pages: 1 2 3