The VG Resource

Full Version: MaskedM10's Custom Mario
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: CustomMario.png]
This is my first spritesheet!
I know it says, "by Maskmario10" when my name is MaskedM10. I am called both. Sorry if that confused you. Shy
OK I see it now... and there's no way these will accepted. They're too simple. They lack shading, proper anatomy, and those empty space fillers that newbies spam all over their sheets is unprofessional. As for that walking animation it's rather poorly transitioned and it looks like he's doing a crooked dance.

This needs to be moved to the Spriting and Pixel Art forum, it's in the wrong place. However these might be rejected entirely.
Thanks again, Mighty Jetters! I don't really need to post anything here. To me it's not very easy to make sprites. I'm a drawing type, not a pixel type. Making pixel art is still fun though! And as for the walking animation, I didn't know how to animate it from the start to see how it looked. So I took pictures of each with my DSi. When I went over them, he looked a little weird. I thought it was just me aiming the camera wrong. But, now I see it was a problem. Once again, thank you, Mighty Jetters!
I think mighty jetters is kinda a dick Tongue

Unfortunately, I think he is right. Don't give up yet though. Its not like mario looks 100% ridiculous. I can tell it's mario, the only problem is the transitions/animation. But it's still better than anything I can make so I think you should practice, and maybe try another sheet in the near future.
Oh hey look, a person who's new to spriting trying to submit their first ever sheet without critique. I don't know if you're just struggling to read the very obvious sticky threads telling you not to do this; or if you're just that headstrong to think your shit'll be accepted right off the bat.

I'm going to move this to Spriting and Pixelart for you; but I'll tell you now, you have a lot of hard work to do.
He looks as if he were made of flat paper, the walking animations make no sense at all (He's facing to the front but moves sideways) and most of the sprites are just the same one, copied and repasted over and over with minimal changes on it.
(06-02-2011, 04:18 PM)pinta77 Wrote: [ -> ]I think mighty jetters is kinda a dick Tongue

Unfortunately, I think he is right. Don't give up yet though. Its not like mario looks 100% ridiculous. I can tell it's mario, the only problem is the transitions/animation. But it's still better than anything I can make so I think you should practice, and maybe try another sheet in the near future.
Mighty Jetters is a girl, I thought she was a guy too Tongue

Mario's walk animation looks like he's side stepping, you should fix that.
(06-02-2011, 06:47 PM)Penguininja Wrote: [ -> ]Mario's walk animation looks like he's side stepping, you should fix that.

oh please, elaborate how he should fix that. you know its easy to just yell "fix it" without giving any pointers as to how it could be improved.
Don't write "empty space" on your sprite sheets. I'm serious, don't do it.
(06-03-2011, 05:39 AM)Alex IDV Wrote: [ -> ]Don't write "empty space" on your sprite sheets. I'm serious, don't do it.

Sorry. I thought it was a fad Shy
In 2006, maybe.
The sprite seems too flat, it lacks shading, legs too straight, the anatomy isn't good, there are a few things you may fix, then, when Mods and Admins take it as a good one, it'll be accepted, just saying :/
Why is it that his upper body doesn't move at all during the animation? The sprite itself has no depth and the colors are flat. You need to rethink this completely.