The VG Resource

Full Version: Pokemon Naranja Sprites ripped
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
[Image: Pokemon-Orange_Isles_characters.png]

I didn't make these, but they are custom. They are ripped from a ROM hack. I was told I was in the wrong place when i posted in Gameboy Advance submissions.

Either way, these are great sprites that have not put on tSR and i think they'd be a great addition.
I was just about to reply to your other thread then you deleted it. So I have to re-type my reply again...

I didn't say you posted in the wrong section, I said that TSR most likely will not accept ROM hack sprites. It doesn't go under Custom/Edited if you didn't make them yourself. But leave it here now. (Also you posted under Gameboy and not Gameboy Advance last time)

We appreciate that you wanna submit things but there really isn't a section on the site for these kinds of sprites.
(06-01-2011, 07:38 PM)Mighty Jetters Wrote: [ -> ]I was just about to reply to your other thread then you deleted it. So I have to re-type my reply again...

I didn't say you posted in the wrong section, I said that TSR most likely will not accept ROM hack sprites. It doesn't go under Custom/Edited if you didn't make them yourself. But leave it here now. (Also you posted under Gameboy and not Gameboy Advance last time)

We appreciate that you wanna submit things but there really isn't a section on the site for these kinds of sprites.

I understand your point, (and oops about the gameboy thing). The reason I posted them is because I was actually going to use them myself for a project. I thought for sure they would be on this website, and I was shocked they were not. Even if there isn't an exact spot for them, they could still be useful. I had to download the rom and unlz.gba and rip them just to use them myself, and lots of people dont know how to do that. Thats why I posted them, so I dunno... we will just have to wait and see. I hope they are added.
(06-01-2011, 07:47 PM)pinta77 Wrote: [ -> ]I understand your point, (and oops about the gameboy thing). The reason I posted them is because I was actually going to use them myself for a project. I thought for sure they would be on this website, and I was shocked they were not. Even if there isn't an exact spot for them, they could still be useful. I had to download the rom and unlz.gba and rip them just to use them myself, and lots of people dont know how to do that. Thats why I posted them, so I dunno... we will just have to wait and see. I hope they are added.

Why would you be shocked? They're sprites from a hack. I don't think tsr will accept them, and if they do I'll be shocked. But, go for it idc.
(06-01-2011, 08:20 PM)brandman1996 Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-01-2011, 07:47 PM)pinta77 Wrote: [ -> ]I understand your point, (and oops about the gameboy thing). The reason I posted them is because I was actually going to use them myself for a project. I thought for sure they would be on this website, and I was shocked they were not. Even if there isn't an exact spot for them, they could still be useful. I had to download the rom and unlz.gba and rip them just to use them myself, and lots of people dont know how to do that. Thats why I posted them, so I dunno... we will just have to wait and see. I hope they are added.

Why would you be shocked? They're sprites from a hack. I don't think tsr will accept them, and if they do I'll be shocked. But, go for it idc.

I'm a bit confused now. Isn't this website made to help people find sprites they need? So just because they are from a hack they will not be accepted? Because I honestly think these are very good sprites and it would be a shame to put them to waste like that. But im not a mod :/
(06-01-2011, 08:28 PM)pinta77 Wrote: [ -> ]I'm a bit confused now. Isn't this website made to help people find sprites they need? So just because they are from a hack they will not be accepted? Because I honestly think these are very good sprites and it would be a shame to put them to waste like that. But im not a mod :/

Actually come to think of it, I do remember seeing some hack sprites before. They might submit this but the sprites are awful, not like it's your fault but still. You'd have to find out I guess.
(06-01-2011, 08:34 PM)brandman1996 Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-01-2011, 08:28 PM)pinta77 Wrote: [ -> ]I'm a bit confused now. Isn't this website made to help people find sprites they need? So just because they are from a hack they will not be accepted? Because I honestly think these are very good sprites and it would be a shame to put them to waste like that. But im not a mod :/

Actually come to think of it, I do remember seeing some hack sprites before. They might submit this but the sprites are awful, not like it's your fault but still. You'd have to find out I guess.

Well i didn't make them, but in my opinion these sprites aren't too bad. The Misty back sprite is a bit akward, but I've tried making sprites before and it's no easy task Tongue Some are better than others: that is for sure.
(06-01-2011, 08:37 PM)pinta77 Wrote: [ -> ]Well i didn't make them,

I know I've seen the game before.

(06-01-2011, 08:37 PM)pinta77 Wrote: [ -> ]but in my opinion these sprites aren't too bad.

To each his own but still think it's pretty bad

(06-01-2011, 08:37 PM)pinta77 Wrote: [ -> ]The Misty back sprite is a bit akward, but I've tried making sprites before and it's no easy task Tongue Some are better than others: that is for sure.

Once again I know.

Just wait for a mod to come on to see what will happen, I'm curious as well.
These won't be accepted. Although we do accept hack sprites, these are from a random hack by some guy on the internet. There's 1001 of those.
We accept sprites from notorious or actually cartridge released games - So as an example, if I made a really crappy hack of Pokémon and made some horrid sprite to put in it instead of the trainers, and ripped them, that's not cool.
If someone rips "Sonic the Hedgehog" for the SNES, that's fine, because it was released as a bootleg game.
Haha. I don't mean to be a smart ass, but have you ever been to the flea market? This game is probably one of the most common hacks to find on a cartridge besides Chaos Black. But whatever man Tongue
You know, I wonder if it could be possible to collect all of these custom hack Pikémon sprites into a single sheet, with little boxes separating the different game versions.
The sprites themselves are quite bad indeed, but they still could be used after a new customization job or simply as references to make new customs and avoiding repeating the same mistakes. (That backview Misty sprite is a good example of a good idea gone wrong)
(06-02-2011, 05:04 PM)Maneko Wrote: [ -> ]You know, I wonder if it could be possible to collect all of these custom hack Pikémon sprites into a single sheet, with little boxes separating the different game versions.
The sprites themselves are quite bad indeed, but they still could be used after a new customization job or simply as references to make new customs and avoiding repeating the same mistakes. (That backview Misty sprite is a good example of a good idea gone wrong)

I was actually just thinking that.

Question for a mod: Do you think that If i ripped all the sprites from alot of hacks/fakes, and put them all on one sheet, you would except that? Because a lot of them could be useful despite them being fake or whatever.
I think I may have explained it all slightly wrong.

An example is of a bootleg copy of a game completely different to the original. Pokémon hacks are just pokémon games editted to be different pokémon games. We only really take things that are, say, The Smurfs editted to be a Pokémon game.
The bootlegs that completely change the theme of the game.

Otherwise there's 2000 Pokémon hacks on the market we can rip, and they all look like serious shit.
Ahah. I see what you're saying now.
These were released as bootlegs, though.
Pages: 1 2