The VG Resource

Full Version: [Request] Legend of Mana Boss: Lord of Jewels 1000
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

This is a boss I've been wanting ripped for a long time, but I don't have the means or knowledge to rip PS1 games. I don't know if it's problematic, but the boss is relatively late in the story.

If anyone wants to give it a try and needs more info on the boss or on Legend of Mana, let me know in the thread. Better yet I'd love to be taught how to do this game myself, but as is now I don't know where to start.
*copies post

I'm currently doing the characters and a few backgrounds from this one:
http://img163.imageshack.us/img163/5084/dumadesert.png
http://img812.imageshack.us/img812/9884/toyland.png

The background pieces can be easily assembled with a graphic program and a grid function (16x16 pixel). Ignore the desert bg and the miscoloured stuff on the junkyard sheet, it's still a WIP.

Used program is PSX-VRAM:
http://www.spriters-resource.com/communi...#pid278464

The name is Lord of the Jewels 1000? If I encounter this critter, I will try to extract him. Or you can give me a savefile, then it's faster.

If you do happen upon him I'd greatly appreciate it, but I'll study these tutorials too and see if I can learn to do it myself as well. He's very VERY late in one of the main story arcs, and according to most walkthroughs he's the one you SHOULD fight last out of the three arcs.
Yeah...I think he's the final boss. One question though. Do you want his overworld sprites AND his battle sprites?
Just the battle sprites for his 1000 form. His overworld sprites actually got partially ripped in the other Legend of Mana thread I noticed after I made this request. Not his battle sprites though, unfortunately. :<

Actually, from that thread I was able to get the Encyclopedia images of my top three most wanted bosses from LoM.

[Image: iSeqr.png]

Top Left is Drakonis, the three on the top right are forms of the Mana Goddess, and the bottom is the Lord of Jewels 1000.
Shouldn't be a problem, but they will come in pieces. If you look at the first & second boss on TSR, this is what you can get.
Absolutely, that's entirely what I expect. The way they are animated makes traditional sheets impossible.
Here is Drakonis straight from the VRAM, I'm sure I will reorganize him a little bit more for TSR. By the way, I wonder if he's the same Dragon Emperor as in Seiken Densetsu 3.

[Image: drakonis2.png]

I'm also through, but I haven't met the Lord of the Jewels 1000 and saw only one form of the Mana Goddess.
The Mana Goddess TECHNICALLY only has one form, but she transforms into 3 different forms from the original skull-mask one for different attacks. I believe it's a flower-shaped wizard, an armored knight, and when the moon backdrop gets full or gets eclipsed she transforms into one that looks like Terra's esper form from FF6.

And I like to think that Drakonis is the Dragon Emperor from SK3, if only because he has a SOMEWHAT similar dragon form and he happens to be dead when you meet him.