The VG Resource

Full Version: Dragon Warrior VII: Monster Sprites
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: tsri-dw7-monst01.png]

Dragon Warrior VII: Monster Sprites (Part 1, Ankhorn through DragonMan)

Since my computer isn't strong enough to run PlayStation emulators, I had asked a friend of mine from the Dragon's Den message board to rip some screenshots of DW7's monster sprites. From his screenshots, I isolated the sprites and removed the backgrounds, which was an arduous task. Together, we managed to get through about a third of the monsters in the game, but then he disappeared from the Internet without a trace, leaving me unable to finish the project. This all happened a few years ago.

A recent submission of character sprites from Dragon Quest Monsters 1+2 (PSX) by Davias inspired me to submit my DW7 monster sprites to TSR. I hope you all enjoy it, and I would really appreciate it if Davias or someone else could rip the rest of the DW7 monster sprites...
I can't even imagine a PC who can't run epsxe on window mode.

Instead of screens you should demand for quicksaves, it's far easier & less time-consuming to extract them with this method:
http://www.spriters-resource.com/communi...#pid278464

I have not the time to rip from DW VII, instead I would do more DQM1 since I'm through with DQM2 (until the translation comes out). But first I'm going to rip some more from Brave Prove and other RPGs.
You have no idea how old and weak my computer is. It's a Dell Dimension desktop from 2000, and if I try to run PSX or N64 emulators on it, it freezes, shuts down, or resets within the span of ten seconds.
11 years? Time for a new PC, they're cheap as hell Tongue
(05-30-2011, 04:19 PM)Davy Jones Wrote: [ -> ]11 years? Time for a new PC, they're cheap as hell Tongue
Yeah, but I'm cheaper. Blank
(05-30-2011, 07:16 PM)Indogutsu Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-30-2011, 04:19 PM)Davy Jones Wrote: [ -> ]11 years? Time for a new PC, they're cheap as hell Tongue
Yeah, but I'm cheaper. Blank

I like this reply, it's very clever Tongue

I'm uploading now, but I'm going to have a guess that perhaps Davias will be looking to complete it?

I've changed the icon slightly, so it fits more with the other sections on the site.

Nice rips, and that's a lot of dedication. Good stuff!

'Cause I'm a 21st century digital boy, I don't know how to live but I got a lot of toys~
Dazz Wrote:I'm uploading now, but I'm going to have a guess that perhaps Davias will be looking to complete it?
There are so many RPGs with great stuff for the PSX, it's impossible for me to rip them all. Therefore I will left this one out, even if its an easy game to rip.
It may be easy to you, but not to me. It took Faolan and me almost a year just to get through a third of the monsters, and I fear the reason he retired from the Internet was because he was sick of my demands.

Also, there was an uploading mistake. The icon was uploaded as the picture, which is supposed to be at this URL: http://brasington.celestialbridge.net/ts...onst01.png

Also, all of my other submissions were credited as "Indogutsu Tenbuki" and not "Indogutsu".
Fixed~
(06-01-2011, 09:42 AM)Dazz Wrote: [ -> ]Fixed~
Thanks! I hope you all aren't mad at me for my request. I wish I had the ability to rip the rest of the monsters myself, but we all know that isn't gonna happen.