The VG Resource

Full Version: Alex is spriting again
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
[Image: kakashifan_yellowguy.PNG]
(Design based on this.)

So, I haven't sprited since... I dunno, but it's been too long. So I decided to "resprite" something from that reworkshop thread, and I ended up with this. As always, I'm having problems with legs, feet and hands (and probably other parts too). So yeah, I really need help with overcoming this weakness of mine.

this looks good, but the body looks like a barrel, and the legs are a tad bit short?
Thanks a lot. I'll try to make it look better.
(05-29-2011, 09:09 AM)Alex IDV Wrote: [ -> ][Image: kakashifan_yellowguy.PNG]
(Design based on this.)

So, I haven't sprited since... I dunno, but it's been too long. So I decided to "resprite" something from that reworkshop thread, and I ended up with this. As always, I'm having problems with legs, feet and hands (and probably other parts too). So yeah, I really need help with overcoming this weakness of mine.

So the 2nd sprite is yours right? Okay well for starters he's a midget with no shins. He needs to be taller. His arms are "freaky" and he has no hands (unless they're in his sleeves, in which case take 'em out). His shoes look like half pecan shells and do not look like any type of realistic shoe whatsoever. And his hair looks like a white beanie, or if it is a beanie, your source material has hair, but the beanie isn't that bad either.
I thought the original sprite had a Brendan-ish beanie (link), but I guess it is not? Well, that was my intention, anyway.

Yeah, his legs are fucked up, and now when you say it, the arms aren't that nice either.

I did try to sprite a hand, but I didn't succeed. How do you make hands in that size? I know that you have to simplify the hand, but I just can't get it right.

The shoes are terrible too, yeah.
I think the original is supposed to be Kekashi(sp?) from Naruto.
(05-29-2011, 07:51 PM)StarSock64 Wrote: [ -> ]http://ani-bundance.wikispaces.com/file/...events.jpg

It's from soul eater :I

Ah, sorry not too savvy on anime.
Woop! Edit:

[Image: alexspritedit.png]

Legs still need to be longer, shoes need improvement, but there's a better idea?
Thanks. That does give me a pretty good idea on what it should look like. I wanted to work on this today, but I've been busy with schoolwork.
(05-30-2011, 12:06 PM)brandman1996 Wrote: [ -> ]Woop! Edit:

Legs still need to be longer, shoes need improvement, but there's a better idea?

I feel like it would look better with very little feet. The big feet are kind of out of place and distracting
(06-01-2011, 07:36 PM)Zapchu25 Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-30-2011, 12:06 PM)brandman1996 Wrote: [ -> ]Woop! Edit:

I feel like it would look better with very little feet. The big feet are kind of out of place and distracting

Just a quick edit but okay. I think I kinda screwed the feet up too, but the shoes, no matter the size should be realistic.

[Image: butts.png]
just a heads up im very gay
just noticed that was supposed to be hair not a hat dont even care
i think you lose a lot by not re-using the original pose; the new one is rather static.
illustration:
[Image: YQGnN.png]
(06-01-2011, 09:32 PM)Cure for Cancer Wrote: [ -> ][Image: butts.png]
just a heads up im very gay
just noticed that was supposed to be hair not a hat dont even care

This is amazing, and I wish I could sprite like that. My sprites are too.... static and life-less.

Maybe I should restart from scratch?
Pages: 1 2