The VG Resource

Full Version: Slash & Charmander
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey look what I made paw.

[Image: slash01.gif]

I plan to make an animated slash doing a guitar solo but since I don't know the first thing about animating people playing guitars that will be a while. Also might make Axl in the future? I don't know, but for now I wanna make this better.

I'm ready for some cc now.

other things, see
(05-28-2011, 07:36 PM)brandman1996 Wrote: [ -> ]click on the arrow above this.
his anatomy is pretty awful, and his pose is rather contorted.
he sort of resembles a dwarf Slash?
it looks like... anything but slash.
there's a hat, it's gotta be Slash
(05-25-2011, 10:42 PM)Thunder Toes Wrote: [ -> ]his anatomy is pretty awful, and his pose is rather contorted.
he sort of resembles a dwarf Slash?

All right make him taller/bigger? Okay.

(05-26-2011, 02:31 AM)Thunder Toes Wrote: [ -> ]there's a hat, it's gotta be Slash

Yes. Wink

EDIT:

[Image: slash02.gif]

A side by side of the new outline of the improved sprite, any more cc please?

It's pretty clear you don't know anything about the human body at all

you should go learn about that first. Like seriously read not just...look up a few references and try to adjust. Read.

both sets of limbs and the feet, gah. It's pretty clear that you're guessing on the folds, too, and I'm pretty sure such tight sleeves wouldn't cast such a dramatic shadow and you don't have nearly enough contrast. The super light shade of gray on the skull is completely unnecessary. And the face is incredibly hard to read
that's because slash doesn't have a face
slash doesn't even exist.
I know about this when I was 6, my mom told me.
(05-26-2011, 03:49 PM)StarSock64 Wrote: [ -> ]It's pretty clear you don't know anything about the human body at all

I guess I don't since your posting this.

(05-26-2011, 03:49 PM)StarSock64 Wrote: [ -> ]you should go learn about that first. Like seriously read not just...look up a few references and try to adjust. Read.

Okay, so is this referring to the outline or my previous attempt?

(05-26-2011, 03:49 PM)StarSock64 Wrote: [ -> ]both sets of limbs and the feet, gah. It's pretty clear that you're guessing on the folds, too, and I'm pretty sure such tight sleeves wouldn't cast such a dramatic shadow and you don't have nearly enough contrast. The super light shade of gray on the skull is completely unnecessary.

Okay good info when I fill in the outline.

(05-26-2011, 03:49 PM)StarSock64 Wrote: [ -> ]And the face is incredibly hard to read

That's because ↓

(05-26-2011, 05:48 PM)MRSKELETON Wrote: [ -> ]that's because slash doesn't have a face

lol, no it's just that you can't even see slash's face barely anywhere. It's because all of his hair, so I did that on purpose.

(05-26-2011, 07:35 PM)Key Wrote: [ -> ]slash doesn't even exist.
I know about this when I was 6, my mom told me.

0.o

So anyways any cc on the outline?
Eh, just a reference.
Anyways, you should make his back a bit more straight, his hat flat on top, his torso & legs longer, and more.
I say just start over.
I kind of like the stubby one. Maybe define the upper/lower parts of the limbs better (and the joints - the upper part of the arm near us is a bit too thick and the elbow is too gradually curved).

Also, don't be afraid to go wild with Slash's hair - dude's got a crazy 'do. Maybe mess up the outline a bit, make the shading lines just a bit crazier. Basically make it look less like a neat-cut wedge.
Yeah, I'd start over. Before diving right into the outline, make sure you have a good base first. Set up sort of the frame, almost a stick figure even, to help get the proportions right before moving on. Then you can build upon that, clean up extra line and all that.
(05-27-2011, 07:23 PM)Key Wrote: [ -> ]Eh, just a reference.
Anyways, you should make his back a bit more straight, his hat flat on top, his torso & legs longer, and more.
I say just start over.

(05-27-2011, 10:03 PM)Dopefish Wrote: [ -> ]I kind of like the stubby one. Maybe define the upper/lower parts of the limbs better (and the joints - the upper part of the arm near us is a bit too thick and the elbow is too gradually curved).

Also, don't be afraid to go wild with Slash's hair - dude's got a crazy 'do. Maybe mess up the outline a bit, make the shading lines just a bit crazier. Basically make it look less like a neat-cut wedge.

(05-28-2011, 12:25 AM)Devicho Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah, I'd start over. Before diving right into the outline, make sure you have a good base first. Set up sort of the frame, almost a stick figure even, to help get the proportions right before moving on. Then you can build upon that, clean up extra line and all that.

Okay, what I'm getting from most of this is start over with a frame? Okay. Hold on I'll make it in a little bit.

EDIT:

[Image: iaza11964944579700.gif]

This good? ^ If you may please, make any edits to it in green or blue or something. Please give cc on this.
more like

[Image: KzKVS.png]

head can be smaller for more accurate anatomy
(05-28-2011, 02:15 PM)Gors Wrote: [ -> ]more like

[Image: KzKVS.png]

head can be smaller for more accurate anatomy

Oh great! Thanks. I'll get to work now.
Pages: 1 2