The VG Resource

Full Version: Making nothing out of something
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
My old thread was lame and old, so heres my new thread, and in this new thread I will try to post more frequently so I can improve. Smile

To start, I present you my pokemons

[Image: blast__r1646173471.gif][Image: cubone__r1040173471.gif][Image: charizard.gif]

more later Smile
i have issues with likeness/volume for blastoise and charizard
brb whipping up some edits
[Image: 2LX7J.png]
[Image: TM4sX.png]
(05-25-2011, 02:11 AM)Delicious Wrote: [ -> ]My old thread was lame and old, so heres my new thread, and in this new thread I will try to post more frequently so I can improve. Smile

[Image: blast__r1646173471.gif][Image: cubone__r1040173471.gif][Image: charizard.gif]

more later Smile

These pokemons are amazing. Great pallet, has my favorite pokemon, but it's not perfect.

Blastoise's face looks smushed up, but chris nailed that, so moving on.

Charizard seems to be real thick and meaty in some places, where in actuality, he's not. Thin him out, he's not Matt Damon, his neck is not as round as a basketball, and tail's need to slowly but surely ween out into a point. Arms and legs suffer the same way. His fire should be epicly blazing, not like a candle light. Not saying to go overboard with it, just needs to look more powerful.

Cubone's bone could use some reworking to look more like the standard cartoon/media bone. You know, how dogs always chew on that stereotypic bone with the two bumps on the end? Yeah, make it like that.

Other wise pretty good and can't wait to see more. Smile
Can I say first that holy fucking shit I love your style ahhhhhhhh

I don't know what's up with Charizard's arm though, it's all fat and lumpy. The shading seems different too.
Thank you guys! Really seemed to nail all the faults in my work, Chris. You're way to good at editing. =b

Those pokemon are kinda old, but I guess I should go ahead and fix them since you guys provided such good criticism and I would prefer it wasn't to go to waste.

Thanks, and more to come. Smile

edit: here is stuff that I wont be willing to change or edit at this time, but feel free to give me criticism so I can apply them for future pieces.

[Image: consumingtherock.gif]
[Image: horrormockup.png]

Also I'm aware that the grass sucks in the mockup. I'll fix er' when I'm off my commissions. Thanks! Smile

(05-25-2011, 02:11 AM)Delicious Wrote: [ -> ]My old thread was lame and old, so heres my new thread, and in this new thread I will try to post more frequently so I can improve. Smile

more later Smile
I clicked the page, turned around while it loaded, looked back and shrieked in amazement. Everyone looked at me for a sec. :/
I don't know if I should go to the Happy or Not Happy thread.
(05-25-2011, 06:46 PM)Delicious Wrote: [ -> ][Image: consumingtherock.gif]

I have absolutely no idea what the fuck that is but love every pixel of it.

Woah, thanks for the compliments guys. That thing is a "Noise Inhaler", made for the Pixeljoint Weekly Contest. My idea was to make this fella' inhale rock music. Came 1st place! Big Grin

[Image: iaza14429630502800.gif]
Better? Might gotta do the neck a tiny bit longer and skinnier.. What do you think? I'll update my pixeljoint gallery with this one if it is. Thanks! I'll work on Blastoise next.
I think the neck is alright the way it is to be honest with you.

that's my opinion but if you want go for it.
(05-26-2011, 05:35 PM)Delicious Wrote: [ -> ][Image: iaza14429630502800.gif]
Our left arm still looks like it has no skeleton inside it, and our left wing looks flat. The rest is heavenly.

I love dat noise inhaler too.
(05-26-2011, 05:35 PM)Delicious Wrote: [ -> ][Image: iaza14429630502800.gif]
Better? Might gotta do the neck a tiny bit longer and skinnier.. What do you think? I'll update my pixeljoint gallery with this one if it is. Thanks! I'll work on Blastoise next.

Yeah, not so much longer rather than just a tiny bit skinnier. Not too much though, or else you'll ruin it. But, knowing your finesse with sprites I really doubt you will mess it up. Smile

The tail fire should look a little more powerful though still, and his arm should still be skinnier.

Here this is what I'm talking about with the fire.

[Image: iaza11964937061500.gif]

I somewhat butchered it, but at least it looks more like a campfire than a candle light.

Thanks for that edit, Brandman1996. I quite like the idea, I'll see if I can do something like that. Smile

[Image: ohshitwhatamidoing.png]
A slight edit to deal with the noodly arm issue mentioned.

oh god what am i doing here
Thanks man, I'll try and do something like that when I get back to it. Smile

I'm making some monsters for some fun, WIP both of em'
[Image: iaza15655663827000.gif]

Also I don't think I shared these with you guys yet, but they're quite old so I don't think I'll be doing anything more with them

[Image: shmupships1118514581_iaza.gif]

Thanks!
[Image: iaza15655663827000.gif] <-PK what are you doing here, also you look pretty strange today :o

they look pretty good imo! the ships are too 'random straight lines and symmetrical' for me so they don't look that interesting
Pages: 1 2