The VG Resource

Full Version: [IDEA][UNPAID TEAM] Fighting Game
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I'm trying to get a 2-d fighting game made but i can't do it alone. And i need help. I don't want to reveal much because i want to be sure that my idea is taken by anyone else. However, my idea is about two group of warriors fighting one another for the fate of the world. So if anyone is interested in helping me build this game. Please note me.

Thank you

Here are some samples of sketches
[attachment=4094]
[attachment=4095]
this looks like every single 2-D fighter ever Blank

most of us are pretty cool about these ideas and if anything we'll be the first to tell you it's not original, lol
and if you're that worried, just blank the post if the idea never works out ;P

At least give us SOME idea of what we're working with. "HI. I WANT TO MAKE A GENERIC FIGHTER. PLEASE HELP ME" won't really intrigue anyone. If you do show some of your ideas as to what you plan to do or where you're going with this, more people would be like "huh, this is pretty awesome maybe i can help out the team"
even if it's vague; "everyone fights with weapons, the game has a steampunk theme and is set in dystopian victorian age, in 1863 that is the result of abraham lincoln coming out with the fact that he's a vampire hunter that uses a steampowered motorbike ushering in an era of steampunk development and vampire hunting. it's steampunk bounty hunters versus gentlemanly vampires"

basically put: why should we want to help out and play this as opposed to playing rival schools or blazblue Blank
Those images looked a lot like Super Street Fighter II Turbo - Revival. Or a little like it.
Hey buddy, not to shit on your parade or anything but

I have a feeling you've not made a game before. Don't make your first one a fighting game if you're doing this alone. There's some very hefty standards to follow (fighting game fans are really fuckin' picky) in terms of gameplay that you really won't be achieving in your first ever project.

Beyond that - the amount of artwork required for a fighting game is immense. Go on tSR and find a character from a fighting game. Look at how many frames they have. Now think to yourself how readily you could produce that many frames for one character. Or 3. Or 8.
[Image: 2uruhzc.jpg]

or 52
I'm also guessing you're using Game Maker for developing your game. Which isn't a bad thing, but developement of a fighting game using game maker has been a topic of discussion for years. And not many have ever been able to develop one that works. Try to start small for your first game. Platformers are a good place to start Big Grin

(05-23-2011, 12:16 PM)Kosheh Wrote: [ -> ].... abraham lincoln coming out with the fact that he's a vampire hunter that uses a steampowered motorbike ushering in an era of steampunk development and vampire hunting. it's steampunk bounty hunters versus gentlemanly vampires

I'm guessing you saw the book, didn't you? Wink
mvc2 had 56 but then it reused a lot so this post is useless
This looks like SSBM and SF2 combined. Generic much?

Not only that but, you have really done nothing to show us your going to be committed to this anyways, besides a couple of sketches, but hey, I can do that too and say that I'm making a game. What exactly would you even want us to sprite anyways?

To be honest, writing this and all of the above posts are a complete waste of time, because the author of this thread won't come back or even post, I guarantee it. If he does, well, call me sally?
If you're so sure he's not going to post; why are you bumping the thread just to say as much?
i have to say that vice looks incredibly sexy.