The VG Resource

Full Version: Favorite japanese games
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
This is about what are my favorite games in Japan which did not release here in america however some of these games might be released with a different name but carry's the same gameplay this is very common with Panel de pon which was released here as tetris attack and puzzle league with characters replaced and levels removed from the original panel de pon.

Panel de pon for snes and gamecube.

Fire emblem mystery of the emblem for snes.

doshin the giant for gamecube in pal version
because the game is english.

Mario artist for nintendo 64 paint, talent, and polygon studios.

What was the name of that mystery castle game? the game is about a samurai guy and it plays like zelda this is a very old game way back in the 80's.

Anyone interested in Japanese games? please post your comments and favorites here.
Bomberman Jetters - Densetsu no Bomberman, and Bomberman Jetters Game Collection. Both for GBA. Can't think of any others.

Oh and I wish they'd release Nintendo Puzzle Collection for GameCube in the US.
mother 3
I have quite a few considering how much of a dick Nintendo of America can be about localization.
Hmm, I haven't played many unofficially translated games.

I guess FE 6 and the Touhou series are just about it.

So New Super Marisa Land it is.
Oh and I forgot, Super Bomberman 3, 4 and 5, all for SNES.
(05-21-2011, 08:02 PM)smashfan29 Wrote: [ -> ]What was the name of that mystery castle game? the game is about a samurai guy and it plays like zelda this is a very old game way back in the 80's.
Was it Nazo no Murasame-Jou​?

Either way, for Japanese games that I like, there's the Touhou series (which everyone knows about), Rosenkreuzstilette (a nice Mega Man clone), Azumanga Daioh Puzzle Bobble (it's two of my favourite things together. What's not to like?), and Sutte Hakkun (challenging puzzle game which I still have yet to complete 100%), to name a few.
Super Deformed Snatcher
Cool Cool Toon
Monster World IV

Puyo Puyo series in general. A couple games made it over, edited or not, but for the most part it's a Japan-only series. Sad, because it's a very solid puzzle game, and there are absolutely people who are interested in it outside of Japan, but I guess the few games that were released didn't sell very well, so they decided "Welp, done with this". (Maybe if they advertised the games at all they would've sold!! I don't even remember seeing commercials for Puyo Puyo Fever.)

I have an imported copy of Puyo Puyo! 15th Anniversary, and I'd kinda like to get a copy of Puyo Puyo Fever 2 someday. DS version is pretty expensive last I checked, though.
inazuma eleven 3 probably

and mother 3

(yeah its a cyberpunk rpg with tanks deal w/it)

cant think of anything else for now.
Favorite japanese game? You mean a game the was never meant to be translated or can it just originate from there? If it's the former it'd be Princess Crown if it's the latter it's Brave Fencer Musashi.
Panel de Pon
Ouendan 1-2
Taiko no Tatsujin series
The first 3 Custom Robos
Recca
Project Diva
Rhythm Tengoku
Jump Ultimate Stars
Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo
Rival Schools 2: Burning justice academy
MvC2 (fuck 3)
SSF4AE (lol cause I can play it)
KOFXIII (Lol cuz i can play it)
But Street Fighter II Turbo is in English on the GBA?

Unless there's a different Japan-only game from Revival I don't know of.
Pages: 1 2