The VG Resource

Full Version: Maui Mallard in Cold Shadow
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
One of my favorites SNES games (certainly in my TOP 5) and I wanted to inaugurate the ripping!
So, I'm starting with the game icon and the fonts of the game (A to Z). I put the logos that appears before the menu too, after all they are letters too and someone may like to use the fonts of this logos. The numbers are diferent and only displayed during the gameplay, I'll submit later with the interface icons (if anyone else do it fist).

[Image: coldshadow.png]

[Image: menufontsico.png]

I'll try to bring more sheets from this amazing game, helps and opinions will always be welcome. thx
Well, if you need help, you may as well post a thread at the Ripping Projects section.

But, yeah. Fonts are always a good start. And, they're ripped pretty well.
I'll try to rip on my own before posting in requests section. This is a great game and I'll enjoy it.

The biggest difficult is the sprites that go out of the screen, specialy the bosses. Is there a ripping program that can reverse that?
Hell yes. Can't wait for more from this game.
Yeah, I hope posting the rips from the two forms of the main char: Cold Shadow (the ninja) and Maui Mallard (the detective). I guess I do it in less than 2 weeks.

I'm finishing Ryu from Steet F. Alpha 2 (SNES) and later I'll focus here!
Good luck ripping your fighter... I just finished my own sheet of Cammy from Street Fighter II Turbo: Revival (GBA) in the fighting games project. It'd be cool if you posted your rip there too. Smile
IT'S ALIVE!!!!!

[Image: coldshadowico.png]
Now THIS is well ripped! Awesome job!
Now I can tell that I started to rip the game! lol
Wow. Just wow. Haven't seen a new ripper of your caliber in quite some time. I hope you stick around for a while.
That sheet is tremendous.

I look forward to seeing your next fabulous rip. Big Grin
You did incredibly well ripping the Maui Sprites but you missed some climbing shooting Sprites like Upward shooting and diagonal shooting also how did you get the sprites for when Maui is being thrown into the volcano without the silhouette?
I changed the palette in a program named vSNES.

You're right about the missing frames, I'll update the spritesheet as soon as possible (I'll post here). Thank you very much!!!
Speaking of stuff you might want to add in or change, I think you should add the enemy Ninja Palettes to the Cold Shadow sheet
I was iniatially planning to make a spritesheet for the ninjas, since I think they don't do all Maui's moves and are too important to be just a palette in Maui's sheet. But I confess that after ripping the bosses, I left Cold Shadow aside...
I think it'd be nice to make a "Level 2 enemies" sheet, like you did with the lvl1 and add the ninjas there.
Pages: 1 2