The VG Resource

Full Version: BIS/ML3 Sprites
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Here are sprites from ML3 that I made 100%. The first people are from annoying orange, And the other are made-up people. C+C please. Sorry, I don't know how to put the sprites here so am going to put the link. http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=34fk5dj&s=7
Well let's see what we get when we apply IMG tags...

[Image: view.php?pic=34fk5dj&s=7]

Hmm... I didn't see an image when I clicked the link, either. Sorry I can't be of much assistance.
Then perhaps I'll shall put it in another website.http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/807/workingspace.png/
[Image: 34fk5dj.jpg]
Leave it to Fuchikoma™

Anyway, is that a Lugia or is it just me? (3rd from the right)
The fruit are basically fine if boring, although some need more contrast (the tomato) or have inexplicably gaunt cheeks (the orange, the lemon).

However the people are extremely pillow shaded (and not in MLSS style either), with very lacking contrast.
The gray thing next to the "Lugia" looks like DeviantArt's mascot with a Mettaur helmet.
That is a Lugia,just like a baby Lugia or something. The grey thing that looks like the deviantart mascot is http://thewax.deviantart.com/gallery/402756#/d16f3m9
I caught on to the DeviantART mascot... not as quickly as usual since I was banned recently for no reason. :/

I think the Lugia is cool, now that I know it's a Lugia. And yeah the fruit are okay, not bad but could be better, like Bynine pointed out.
I guess the fruit is ok. The yellow emoticon is the only thing that truly seems in style. I'm to lazy to do a comparison right now, Just throw mario and luigi's overworld's up there next to your sprites for style comparison and the general anatomy set up of the style. Your's are really fucked in anatomy/proportion, and their shading is way off. Also don't do characters that really don't fit into the style. Like that lugia thing... Lugia was never intended to appear in a mario bros game, and his design doesn't really allow for him to fit into this style, not to mention I dont' remember lugia ever having legs...
Also you aren't AA'ing properly, your edges are still jagged and such. Mind if I do a quick edit on a few/red line them to illustrate what you're doing wrong better? I'd explain more but it's early in the morning and I'm dead tired.
(05-22-2011, 12:23 AM)The Pope of Dope Wrote: [ -> ]not to mention I dont' remember lugia ever having legs...

[Image: unledlio.png]

Hahah, oh shit. I was totally dead tired when I typed that. What I meant to say was, Lugia ever standing on legs like that. I mean, wouldn't it be more hunched over, or something. It's not a person.
It's usually hunched but Lugia has stood up on its legs, though not constantly like that sprite.
I'll all that later,but one question. How are the sprites pillowshaded? The light source is above them
Well from what I can tell on the human characters you added a lot of shading around some of the outlines, namely the shoulders, and the old guy has a bit much shading on the top and sides of his hair. Try adding more shading to the lower part of his head to properly indicate light source.
Pages: 1 2