The VG Resource

Full Version: Capcom vs. SNK2 Character Sprites w/ Axis
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My latest dumping project is complete.
http://www.justnopoint.com/lbends/Sprites/CVS2/

FAQ:

Q. Why are there ugly squished sprites in some characters like Guile and Dhalsim?
A. They're just CPS sprites which were scaled up horizontally to preserve detail. (hahahaha what a joke) These are scaled down in game.

Q. Why are some sprites totally black or look like they have the wrong palette?
A. Seems those are unused sprites. If for some reason you believe the sprite in question is actually used in game I would suggest you fix the palette yourself. My rips have retained the proper palette indices.

Q. What is the axis?
A. 320x384

Q. Why are there two packs for Mai Shiranui?
A. Big Grin
Why are there two sprite packs for Mai, anyway? I didn't notice any difference between the two.

But either way, having a bunch of the characters with stretched sprites and the rest characters with the proper resolution? What the frak, Capcom.
(05-18-2011, 10:00 PM)Random Talking Bush Wrote: [ -> ]Why are there two sprite packs for Mai, anyway? I didn't notice any difference between the two.
Bah, I accidentally screwed up the upload and uploaded the same one twice. They should be different now.
I don't think I'm seeing it either.
Not even looking, but I can tell you as a PLAYER OF FIGHTING GAMES!!!! that there's two packs of Mai Shiranui for good reason.

Mai's KOF incarnation has always had ~jiggle~physics~, ridiculous bouncing whenever Mai hopped around, more noticeably in her idling pose.
[Image: UPMyL.gif]
However, these are only seen when you set the machine language to Japanese in most SNK games.

The US localizations of the game make Mai's breasts "static" (they don't bounce around at all) eh probably to dodge censorship of some sort or form. Capcom did it in CVS just to maintain uh, boob continuity.
Close, but no.
Seems to be the layering of the outfit on two of her Chun-Li intro sprites that's the difference between the two sprite sets (the original is in front, and the other's... behind), now that I've looked through the sprites again. Anything else? <_<
Ugh, a couple of problems I had to fix.
Due to a small programming error every pack was missing the last sprite.
Kim's errored while it was dumping and I somehow missed the log.
Rolento's wire wrapped around the edge when it shouldn't have.

Uploading all the fixed versions, the axis for Rolento's is 512x384 and the axis for Kim's is 320x448
Let me know if there are any other problems.