The VG Resource

Full Version: RPG Monsters
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: 30s7uo5.png]

Bean Cow and Wild Bean Cow.

I would appreciate critique on both the style and the designs themselves!
Looking pretty good. I'd like to see some shading, though.
This reminds me very much of an Earthbound opponent. The style, and such are similar. If I may though, the legs are some what pointed. And shading should be added in order to better represent the curved shape.
[Image: 10fe2c6.png]

It does look better shaded.

Main character added. I'm rather dubious of his quality, though. I never was a dab hand at people.
(05-17-2011, 03:37 PM)BynineB Wrote: [ -> ][Image: 10fe2c6.png]

Main character added. I'm rather dubious of his quality, though. I never was a dab hand at people.
Wow, that's really awesome. Though the main character looks like he has a Cute face

Well, that's because he does. Heh.
the ammount of selout ruins your work. Small sprites often do not take advantage of selout this harsh.

also the guy is hardly readable, I had to zoom him 6 times to understand what's going on with his face

not to mention the pose is completely off-balance and unnatural as hell
(05-17-2011, 03:37 PM)BynineB Wrote: [ -> ][Image: 10fe2c6.png]

I'm finding it worse.

I liked the simplicity of the original.
If you are going to shade it, I suggest a better palette with more contrast, because the shaded ones are not working visually.
The monsters looks like recolored Chikorita and Bulbasaur sprites.
I know they are NOT, but their general shapes and mouths give them these recolored pokèmon feeling anyways.
(05-17-2011, 09:14 PM)Gors Wrote: [ -> ]the ammount of selout ruins your work. Small sprites often do not take advantage of selout this harsh.

Really? I thought it made them look a bit better. Well, I'll try using a more dependable outline and see how that goes.

(05-17-2011, 09:14 PM)Gors Wrote: [ -> ]also the guy is hardly readable, I had to zoom him 6 times to understand what's going on with his face

More readable.. I'm not sure how to go about making a person's features easy to understand. Increase the contrast of the parts?

(05-17-2011, 09:14 PM)Gors Wrote: [ -> ]not to mention the pose is completely off-balance and unnatural as hell

Ah, natural poses.. how they elude me.. I'll draw an outline and see if it's less stiff and awkward.

(05-17-2011, 10:21 PM)Proton Wrote: [ -> ]I'm finding it worse.

I liked the simplicity of the original.
If you are going to shade it, I suggest a better palette with more contrast, because the shaded ones are not working visually.

It's simple but it doesn't seem finished. You're right, I'll increase the contrast.

[Image: 2ql9xrs.png]

I feel like the bean cattle are looking pretty good now. Besides the face, I haven't finished Pedro (the guy on the right), as I'm attempting to figure out a natural pose..
[Image: 2ql9xrs.png]

I feel like the bean cattle are looking pretty good now. Besides the face, I haven't finished Pedro (the guy on the right), as I'm attempting to figure out a natural pose..
[/quote]

Pedro's face is still pretty awkward either way you look at it but is an improvement over the previous attempt. His hat is deformed as it shows too much of the top of it and the rim is just awkward as it starts to ring around the main part of the hat. Maybe a lighter shade would also help? Idk about that, but you do have a loss of shades and the pallet isn't all that great.

The second bean cattle's face I cannot understand. It may just be a mere lack of love for the thing but I think it should be revised, or something. Though the first one I think you perfected. Other users might find other stuff but, that's my 2 cents.