The VG Resource

Full Version: Random sprite
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: 91mdk8.jpg]

I'm having trouble with this sprite. It's essentially going to walk around, the top of it's head is a platform, but it shoots fire from time to time so you have to get off when it does.

Either way, for right now I need some help getting the shading on the chin/jaw to look right. The shading is from the top left and I know the shading as of right now probably doesn't look right, but the issue is when I tried to change it to be more fitting... idk, it just didn't look right. Any suggestions?
you're shading it in the opposite direction of the light source.
what i suggest you do is put in some yellow highlights on the corner of the teeth, as the light source is in a corner. giving more volume to the teeth will also make the sprite more readable.
here's a quick edit:
[Image: u1vxp.png]
i think your sprites looks great and it reminds me of megaman. i can't wait to see the rest and more progress! Smile
Ah, thank you, that looks much better.
[Image: para.gif]

Wanted to make something simple, although I have to say I like how it came out.
And awesome things like that are why you are the head spriter for the Midas Machine (aside from the fact that there was no one else...)!

Though, what are the wings doing?
Gently flapping while moving with his body. Originally I tried having them flap while staying still, and another where they moved with his body while not flapping. In the end, this looked the best.
Is that Goomba going to appear on the game? Because is a lot better than the one on the first episode.
(05-30-2011, 09:50 AM)Darking Wrote: [ -> ]Is that Goomba going to appear on the game? Because is a lot better than the one on the first episode.
Probably. The main reason I replaced the original one is because it's outline colors were odd, like bright red and what not. The issue was that if it went over a dark BG, it looked awful.