The VG Resource

Full Version: Portal!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
[Image: portalbackgrounds.png]

I think I did good
Seriously, these aren't sprites. They didn't accept it the first time, so they definitely won't accept it this time. Also you should read this.
(05-10-2011, 08:18 PM)Mighty Jetters Wrote: [ -> ]Seriously, these aren't sprites. They didn't accept it the first time, so they definitely won't accept it this time. Also you should read this.

This is why people on SJ say this isn't a good resource except for ripped crap
What is SJ? This is the best resource on the net, you know. The thing is, when it comes to custom sprites here, they have a thing called Quality Control to make sure that only exceptional work gets on the site. Have a look at these, see how good they are? Now the quality requirements are higher than before, so it has to be really good to be accepted.
(05-10-2011, 08:31 PM)Mighty Jetters Wrote: [ -> ]What is SJ? This is the best resource on the net, you know. The thing is, when it comes to custom sprites here, they have a thing called Quality Control to make sure that only exceptional work gets on the site. Have a look at these, see how good they are? Now the quality requirements are higher than before, so it has to be really good to be accepted.

Let me tell you the story of Smackjeeves

Once apon a time their was a webcomic site named SmackJeeves, Where Murderous robot spiders roam free and friends are made. Their are author comics and showcases gallor. And once trouble struck. There was a portal sprite comic but nobody knew where to get backgrounds. So 2 of the authors started created sprites. One was Named Rush and the other was named Zash. They later thought of making an ultimate portal sprite sheet. They thought of putting it on a website called The Spriters Resource. But there was a problem. Zash wanted to go ahead and post some of his sprites early for other spriters to use. But sadly they said that the sprites were just drawn. The tale continues...

@ 3'rd sonic sprite: You said quality control
Yes but those are 8-bit styled, and most of those are old so QC wasn't as harsh back then.
except these aren't sprites at all
not to mention that they're awful
Oh. So we know you're just trolling now since you be talkin' bout SJ.
At least I honestly hope you're trolling.
Whatever SmackJeeves is, it must not be as good of a site as TSR, because we've got pro artists here.
So yeah, you pretty much haphazardly scribbled everywhere on MS Paint and called it a sprite job.

You then used the line tool to make shades, and you've succeeded in making everything flat.

(05-10-2011, 08:22 PM)ZashTheHedehog Wrote: [ -> ]This is why people on SJ say this isn't a good resource except for ripped crap

And SmackJeeves is the best resource for spriting, since all the sprite editors there know what they're talking about, am I right?

In all fairness, there are probably a few good spriters over there, but they have nothing to do with what you threw onto this topic. A few frames of gel spattering is not useful at all; perhaps giving a template for people to make their own gel would be useful?

On top of this, you need to seriously look into how to shade objects.

Really, I'm having a very hard time taking this seriously. Please be a troll.
(05-10-2011, 09:02 PM)Mighty Jetters Wrote: [ -> ]Whatever SmackJeeves is, it must not be as good of a site as TSR, because we've got pro artists here.

Smackjeeves- A web comic community

http://www.smackjeeves.com/
you misspelled "hedgehog"
The first comic I saw on there was the Blaziken one where it used Explosion, and I will say that was drawn very well, however that doesn't have to do with spriting unless it's a sprite comic.

I have to be honest, if you were to use those pieces in a comic even, someone would most likely say something about it.

EDIT: Yeah that's understandable, probably for making sprite comics. In fact TSR was the best thing for me when I needed to find sprites and backgrounds for my own sprite comics.
(05-10-2011, 09:12 PM)MoneyMan Wrote: [ -> ]you misspelled "hedgehog"

At first it was an accident but I like it so thats how I spell it now

And to everyone who has no idea what I was saying: I was just saying that some people on SJ only come here for ripped stuff
(05-10-2011, 09:14 PM)Mighty Jetters Wrote: [ -> ]The first comic I saw on there was the Blaziken one where it used Explosion, and I will say that was drawn very well, however that doesn't have to do with spriting unless it's a sprite comic..

Look up sprite comics, there are thousands of them, just look at "A Different Perspective" or "Quite Different"
Okay well honestly, do you REALLY think these look good? I'm no spriter by any means, but as an artist I can tell you what looks good and what doesn't. These certainly aren't sprites in the traditional sense and they really aren't that nice looking as a style to be perfectly honest. Please just accept this without lashing back so much and instead maybe ask about improvements. We can help you, but nobody is going to if you're a dick about it.
Pages: 1 2