The VG Resource

Full Version: Crisis Core Models issue
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was planning on uploaded a ton of Crisis Core Models, there is one issue

The textures will not render at all, I see the textures, I opened them on Photoshop but they wont render, what could be the issue

I started with Cloud 1st class gear,
[Image: fgji.png]
Well first off, this should be posted in model discussion. Second, what format did you import from?
I used .dae format
Yeah, the default autodesk .dae plugin for that doesn't work well with Noesis stuff. I'd recommend getting the .smd plugin for Max and importing one of those instead. I mean you could reassign the textures manually if you really like, but its easier, especially for multi texture models, to just do a better import. I think I put the link to one of the one's that worked for Noesis in the the Game Specific Ripping thread. ColladaMax I believe it was called.
Ok, I will look for it. Can I convert .smd's to .obj, using Noesis?
Well, you shouldn't need to. As I said there's a number of .SMD importers for Max if you just google them. Make sure to search for a plugin for your version of Max though. There are also scripts if you can't find plugins so I can give you a script if you like.
Please pm me the script, if its for 3DSMAX 2009
I googled and I'm having a hard time finding a plugin that actually works!
and then I can start uploading models
Max '09 huh? You're in luck, that's the one I use! Yeah you can actually get plugins for that here: http://www.wunderboy.org/3dapps.php

Just put the file for the Max 2009 SMD plugin in your installation's plugins folder. Depending on what kind of system you're running, that's probably in "C:\Program Files\Autodesk\3ds Max 2009\plugins".
(05-11-2011, 11:54 AM)Shadowth117 Wrote: [ -> ]Max '09 huh? You're in luck, that's the one I use! Yeah you can actually get plugins for that here: http://www.wunderboy.org/3dapps.php

Just put the file for the Max 2009 SMD plugin in your installation's plugins folder. Depending on what kind of system you're running, that's probably in "C:\Program Files\Autodesk\3ds Max 2009\plugins".
Thanks you Shadowth117, for the plugin
Yes, quite the luck