The VG Resource

Full Version: Portal stuff
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: 29dz79z.png]
C+C?
Wheatley looks a little too blocky. And the.. what would you call them, arms? Of the turrets looks kinda weird. Maybe if you made the outline darker instead of lighter.
(05-08-2011, 05:48 PM)Urethral Injection Wrote: [ -> ]Wheatley looks a little too blocky. And the.. what would you call them, arms? Of the turrets looks kinda weird. Maybe if you made the outline darker instead of lighter.

The "blockiness" on the left and right of him is that little dark grey area where you can look in, while on the top and bottom it's his "arm" holder thingies.

Also I think I fixed the turrets somewhat:
[Image: j7u3k5.png]
the black on the sprites ruin them, change it

also reduce colors by increasing contrast
(05-08-2011, 06:21 PM)MoneyMan Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-08-2011, 05:48 PM)Urethral Injection Wrote: [ -> ]Wheatley looks a little too blocky. And the.. what would you call them, arms? Of the turrets looks kinda weird. Maybe if you made the outline darker instead of lighter.

The "blockiness" on the left and right of him is that little dark grey area where you can look in, while on the top and bottom it's his "arm" holder thingies.

Also I think I fixed the turrets somewhat:
[Image: j7u3k5.png]
Sometimes, you have to sacrfice details, such as the sides, in order to make the sprite as a whole look better. Also, as Gors said, the black does ruin the sprites.

But yeah, good job. Keep up the good work!
this could surely use way less gray and more light blue for those shades.