The VG Resource

Full Version: Stuff you've done tinkering with vidya game stuff.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I am so proud of myself, I just fixed a Gameboy Color speaker without buying a new one.

(sorry if this is in the wrong place, it seems best fit here to me)
I was seriously considering swapping out my DS Lite's old shell with a lime green one, and fixing my L button, but I have absolutely no experience with stuff like that, so it's completely possible I'd just destroy the system entirely. Very Sad
Yeah, I've heard DS Lites were very risky to mess with, because the connector for the 2 screens breaks easy.

Also, if anyone could find a cheap broken Gameboy Original it would be cool, as I plan on sticking my Gameboy color in the case.
Replaced a broken home button strip on my PSP because nothing on it was working once. I've swapped analog sticks on my Xbox controllers mostly to get the grip back again and I ended up spray painting one of them blood red and black. I did that a few weeks before Microsoft released an official red and black controller that looked eerily similar to what I made though I actually like the shade of red on mine a lot better. Probably a few other kinda neat things, but its been a while.

I'm gonna assume this is just hardware stuff though.
I've fixed so many controllers I can't even guess at a number anymore.

Aside from that I remember turning two broken PS2's into one working one, and fixing the power switch on a couple of DS lites.
Oh, and cleaning out my mouse every now and then, but that probably doesn't count.
Truth be told cleaning out and fixing hardware isn't that big of a deal really, so long as you keep track of what order you did things in and where parts go you can't really do that much damage.
(05-07-2011, 01:57 PM)Shadowth117 Wrote: [ -> ]Replaced a broken home button strip on my PSP because nothing on it was working once. I've swapped analog sticks on my Xbox controllers mostly to get the grip back again and I ended up spray painting one of them blood red and black. I did that a few weeks before Microsoft released an official red and black controller that looked eerily similar to what I made though I actually like the shade of red on mine a lot better. Probably a few other kinda neat things, but its been a while.

I'm gonna assume this is just hardware stuff though.

This can be modding the shell and stuff like that too, not just hardware
I have yet to replace Pokemon Crystal and Jade's batteries
I've flashed several DVD drives in xbox 360, soldered chips to a few old Xboxs, and recently performed a JTAG solder on the Xbox 360 motherboard.
Replace the hard drive in a 360 HDD bay to be a 1tb drive instead of a 20gb one.

Fix controllers, reattached various buttons and shit in consoles, and even completely gutted out an old PS3 and put it into a cardboard box to get it working with better circulation...

I work in an electronics store where we buy items from customers, and a lot of the time they end up being faulty because they are sneaky fuckers who have a problem that's very obscure.
Opened an N64 controller and re-tightened the joysytick. I plan to do a complete gamecube stick swap in the future.

Replaced the save battery in my copy of pokemon blue.

Does flashing a ps2 memory card to allow for homebrew count?

I plan to backlight my GBA soon and maybe do an LED mod on my Game Gear.
Region modded Turbo Grafx
Made MSX2 Laptop
fixed pokemon Silver Battery
(05-07-2011, 04:51 PM)Vipershark Wrote: [ -> ]I plan to backlight my GBA soon and maybe do an LED mod on my Game Gear.

I had always wanted a backlight back when I was playing a GBA, it got annoying when you couldn't play because you couldn't see. T_T
(05-07-2011, 05:08 PM)Pugnificent Wrote: [ -> ]Made MSX2 Laptop

show
oh yeah, i also have this broken turbografx16 and portable dvd player that I will try to combine into a PORTABLE TURBOGRAFX, good idea?
I'm considering fixing up my old, original brick DS' short circuit at some point.

I attempted soft modding my wii through the brawl hack once but for some reason it didn't work, one of the files for it was missing and it ended up failing on me, I'm glad the console didn't break down on me however.
I've opened two NES's.

Managed to get my hybrid NES to work... for 30 mins.
Pages: 1 2 3