The VG Resource

Full Version: New Console: The Nintendo Feel
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Please god don't let this be real
http://purenintendo.com/2011/05/02/rumor...r-details/

Nintendo, why would you get my hopes up just to smash them back down???
Are they trying to Feel my Wii?
I'm not really feeling it...
If we're not used to dumb names at this point, we never will.

I'll start caring when some actual concrete press release comes out. Is it bad for a journalist-in-training to not care about the rumourmill?
(05-02-2011, 04:31 PM)GrooveMan.exe Wrote: [ -> ]If we're not used to dumb names at this point, we never will.

I'll start caring when some actual concrete press release comes out. Is it bad for a journalist-in-training to not care about the rumourmill?

It's not the name i'm worried about.
It's the dumb gimick.
Nintendo can feel it in my pants if this is real.

far as I care they have a better market in hand held gaming then consoles these days.
I'm alright with this. I'd like to see it before I pass judgment.
I listen to the actual words of Iwata himself. He gives little hits about what to expect for the next console.

http://gonintendo.com/viewstory.php?id=157166
I just hope whatever is the new gimmick, that it will be used well

The Nintendo Wii's controller didn't have such a good, precise sensor of what you were doing most of the times, and most games relied just on basic simple actions that could have been done with a button or a pad, like shaking it to perform a certain move or something. Some games, like WarioWare for instance, did use the controller and the console's capacities really well, but they were reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeally far and few inbetween. And when they finally released the MotionPlus technology, I got my hopes up. Maybe they'll really explore it, maybe this will actually give me the feel of controlling a weapon or something instead of flickering it to do a certain pre-programmed attack. But there were only two good games that used MotionPlus - Wii Sports Resort and Red Steel 2. And now, the upcoming Skyward Sword. Everything brand new in terms of control and gameplay that the Wii seemed to promise to me, only really applied to it in less than a handful of games in its entire vast library of games. Thinking of it like that, the Nintendo Wii is a fucking embarassment (even though it does have some really good games on it, but very few of them really required the motion controls)

Feeling rigged surfaces on a touchscreen... It is an interesting concept but I can't really see it being convenient - Controllers would be fucking expensive, and I don't see how that can be applied intensively and well in gameplay. I can only see it as being a dumb situational gimmick as most Wii games treated the motion sensor.
The motion controls managed to attract a whole new audience. Even if it didn't work well, the idea of it drew attention of non-gamers who don't know any better anyway.

Iwata stated the Wii has plenty of faults and hopes to address them in the new console.

As for me I still enjoyed the Wii greatly, not for motion control but for the games themselves. They were still top notch games despite not implementing motion controls.
(05-02-2011, 08:24 PM)Koopaul Wrote: [ -> ]As for me I still enjoyed the Wii greatly, not for motion control but for the games themselves DKCR. They were still top notch games despite not implementing motion controls.
had to be done.
(05-02-2011, 08:58 PM)Fuchikoma Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-02-2011, 08:24 PM)Koopaul Wrote: [ -> ]As for me I still enjoyed the Wii greatly, not for motion control but for the games themselves DKCR. They were still top notch games despite not implementing motion controls.
had to be done.
No. It really didn't.

Anyway, I have faith this time Nintendo will do something that really works well. They always learn from their mistakes.
"Hardcore meats Casual"

Someone post a summary, because after that I won't even bother reading it.
(05-03-2011, 09:08 AM)GaryCXJk Wrote: [ -> ]"Hardcore meats Casual"

Someone post a summary, because after that I won't even bother reading it.

The screen on the controller is a magical touchscreen that can change its texture, so you can physically 'feel' the game you're playing
Pages: 1 2 3 4