The VG Resource

Full Version: Let's convince people to play games!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hey I started a fuss in another topic about how people should appreciate DK series more, and I realize that's pretty hypocritical! There are plenty of games that are probably good and I assume aren't. And I'm sure that goes for everyone here.

So in this topic were going to show off games that people probably wouldn't consider at first glance and try to see if it appeals to them.

Like for example: Dokapon Kingdom!

It's a combination of Mario Party, Monopoly and Dragon Quest sprinkled with the zaniest over the top characters and ludicrous voice acting you can't help but love! The game is all about gaining the most power and money. You do this by saving towns from monsters and owning them. You back stab your friends, hire robot assassins, rob from stores by playing Rock Paper Scissors and so much more. The most unexpected things happen and it's so addictive!

You have to try this game with your friends!

Okay guys. That's one from me. You suggest a game you think most of the forums hasn't given a fair chance. Me included. I must be honest, I don't like FPS, but you can try, that's what this topic is about!
Hey that's a cool idea! But man, Mario Party is right, that girl is practically a Peach clone. I wouldn't get it though, sorry. Not because it doesn't look interesting or good, just doesn't really stand out to me.

Do you have this game, Koopaul?
play ghost trick

[Image: G3MKX.png]

bye
Try playing the Super Monkey ball series, prefably Super Monkey ball 2.
Of course thats like 9 yrs old for Gamecube
(05-02-2011, 03:39 PM)supersmashbrawl Wrote: [ -> ]Try playing the Super Monkey ball series, prefably Super Monkey ball 2.

I own that. It rules. Smile Monkey Billiards is the best mini game.
(05-02-2011, 03:41 PM)Mighty Jetters Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-02-2011, 03:39 PM)supersmashbrawl Wrote: [ -> ]Try playing the Super Monkey ball series, prefably Super Monkey ball 2.

That and dogfight are my two favourites
(05-02-2011, 03:49 PM)supersmashbrawl Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-02-2011, 03:41 PM)Mighty Jetters Wrote: [ -> ]

That and dogfight are my two favourites

They're all cool to me, except Monkey Boat, it's hard. Sad

I also have Adventure, and Banana Blitz (though the new character designs aren't as good as the old ones to me).
Everyone assume Tobal No. 1 and Tobal 2 are shitty fighters, but they have a fantastically bizarre adventure mode which make them great.
Also, Tobal No. 1 was Square's first disc based game. Interesting factoid.
Theres this pug in elite beat agents named sam thats me bye
Play Majora's Mask. It's like Ocarina of Time but better. (inb4 vupergay)

Play Assassin's Creed II. You might not like the first AC game but this one is totally better and way different.

Play Little Big Planet. It's charming and fun.

Some others to play:
Modnation Racers, Shadow of the Colossus, Cave Story, Minecraft, Portal/Portal 2, Little Big Planet 2, Oracle of ages/seasons, minish cap,
3D Dot Game Heroes, Pokemon Snap, every game ever made
No I won't ever stop.

EDIT: Oh. I was supposed to post reasons why.

@Woppet: MM and OoT are the best Zelda games ever.

EDIT: Except for Wind Waker. Everyone who's a Zelda fan needs to play it.
(05-02-2011, 03:19 PM)Mighty Jetters Wrote: [ -> ]Do you have this game, Koopaul?

Yeah my friend has it. It was only 10 bucks and it says "The friendship destroying game" on the cover so it intrigued him. It ended up being a blast. Took 3 MONTHS to beat! Reason is because were always trying to slow each other down in world conquest. By the time you beat the game your about level 90 out of a 100 so you can understand how surprisingly indepth this game can be.

Also there's 10 job classes you can get from Ninja to Cyborg. Yeah.

Oh and Woppet I did enjoy Assassin's Creed II. Another game my friend owns. Well a lot of these are mainstream games you are suggesting so I have played a few of them.

The games you mentioned that I haven't played are Modnation Racers, Shadow of the Colossus, Portal 2 (it just came out so give me some time) Little Big Planet 2, and 3D Dot Game Heroes.
[Image: moero.jpg]
the jap version is superior.
and has the life sim of the first rival schools(although untranslated)
(05-02-2011, 09:15 PM)Fuchikoma Wrote: [ -> ][Image: moero.jpg]
the jap version is superior.
and has the life sim of the first rival schools(although untranslated)
I'm just going to quote this for emphasis, since this is the best thing Capcom has ever made.
Pages: 1 2 3