The VG Resource

Full Version: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia Help with ONE Palette
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
UPDATE: All sprites have been found and completed.

Hello! I'm currently ripping Barlow from Order of Ecclesia, and for the most part it's going swimmingly. I've got all the sprites for his body witht he correct palette (and I'm separating them, as in the files they touch/almost clip), the sprites for his books, his ice attack, Globus...

...and then I have run into one difficulty. His fire attack.

I have the SPRITES for the fire attack (and I can tell your htier coordinates in tile molester), but I cannot find the appropriate palette. Wherever the pallete is stored in-game for these (and the Ignis glyphs, and fire explosions when enemies die, and fire in general), it's not in Barlowe's room. Or Ecclesia at allo. Or anywhere that would seem like the "first" place where that fire shows up. I am STYMIED. For anybody who wants to know how this works, the Castlevania DS RIpping Project thread by SmithyGCN tells how to rip OOE sprites.

All I need help with:

-Finding the palette for his fire

-I can't find the electro-barrier ricochet move, but I am sure that if I do find the coordinates for those sprites, I should be able to find the palette easily. I'm not relaly asking for this one quite yet, though.

So baswically, if naybody here can help with the palette, I will supply you with info to find the fireball sprites, and I will give you credit for those ones. It's just this one roadblock standing oin the way to submitting Barlowe.

Thanks!

UPDATE: I have found and confirmed the correct palette. I am only keeping this topic open in case the same problem happens to Barlowe's electrical attack.
Has the fire some sort of transparency?
No, it does not. I MAY have found it (In Ruvas forest of all places), but I am going to need to check a bit to make sure. I'm also going to try the other boss fights to see what pops up. In the meantime, I'll probably do some of the demons and giant skeletons as I pass them by.

EDIT: I have found and confirmed the palette. Organizing sprites and confirming that I have them all (some of his animations are in a different set of files).