The VG Resource

Full Version: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia RESUBMISSIONS OF MY OLD SHEETS (newest: St. Elmo)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello! I decided to go back to my very first sprite sheet here and fix it up a little.

CASTLEVANIA: ORDER OF ECCLESIA
ARTHROVERTA

[Image: orderofecclesiaarthrovertasheet.png]

CHANGES:

-Removed the cartoon word bubble. It has no real reason to be there.
-Added two more poses for Arthroverta. Yes, his claws do look that messed-up when stretched out/rotated. You can check it with a screenshot if you'd like.

Anyway, I may work on fixing up some of my older ones, too.

For comparison purposes, here is the old one from 2008 (Or was it 2009?):

[Image: arthrovertasheet.png]

And just for the fun of it, here's his room:
[Image: arthrovertaroom.png]
I'd add it to the sheet, but that would leave me with a lot of blank space.

Expect more resubmissions in this thread!
Oh, great job! Yes, it's silly when rippers throw in random things like that to use space, it's almost annoying actually. Tongue
(04-27-2011, 03:06 PM)Mighty Jetters Wrote: [ -> ]Oh, great job! Yes, it's silly when rippers throw in random things like that to use space, it's almost annoying actually. Tongue

Well hey, I was new! And I think I just wanted to fill in that blank bit of space. Which actually brings up a problem - what SHOULD I do with the St. Elmo sheet? Elmo really only has one frame and a few distortion effects tossed onto the sprite. Should I just reshape the sheet entirely to lower blank space?
(04-27-2011, 03:07 PM)Ridureyu Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-27-2011, 03:06 PM)Mighty Jetters Wrote: [ -> ]Oh, great job! Yes, it's silly when rippers throw in random things like that to use space, it's almost annoying actually. Tongue

Well hey, I was new! And I think I just wanted to fill in that blank bit of space. Which actually brings up a problem - what SHOULD I do with the St. Elmo sheet? Elmo really only has one frame and a few distortion effects tossed onto the sprite. Should I just reshape the sheet entirely to lower blank space?

I wasn't saying your sheet was annoying. But if a sheet's that small, perhaps you should include all the characters on one sheet? It shouldn't end up too big (not that I know anything about that game).
MORE RESUBMISSIONS:

SmithyGCN and I ripped the DOminus Statue at the same time... only both of us caught things the other missed (like the foreign objects in the room, or the fact that I actually captured its changing color palette). S o Smithy kindly merged the sheets. Unfortunately, mine had a different background color, so the graphics went wonky, as such:

[Image: dominusstatue-old.png]

Therefore, FIXEVery Sad
[Image: dominusstatue.png]

ST. ELMO

This one is odd, as the tail is "animated" through graphical distortion effects. It lengthens, shrinks, goes wavy, and so on. Anyway, I cut out the space-filling word balloon and cobbled together another sprite, although the tail SHOULD be distorted and oddly curved for that body graphic.

It's really too bad that these files probably won't keep their old hitcounts!

NEW:
[Image: ooestelmo-1.png]

OLVery Sad
[Image: ooestelmo-old.png]
(Because it makes that noise, see. What was I thinking?)
Ahh, good job! They both look great!
Here's a question.

With Decarabia, the lines really DO get that jagged when it rotates. But should I manually smooth them out anyway?
I personally don't really see anything that jagged, but honestly I'd leave it as you found it from the game.
Thanks. I got lucky with the Acerbatus rips, but the other glyph palettes seem to be hidden in random spots in the game, so I'm not sure waht to do about them. If I manage to find a few, I will post them up. There are also some undone enemies in the list - two of the bosses, Brachyura(crab) and Gravedorcus(land shark) would be HEADACHES to assemble. I'm not sure if I should even try them, as I remember them being murderous a few years ago.

But I can clean up some old ones!
Re-Submissions are always cool, good job Smile
All saved!
If you're talking about assembling the sprites, that would be VERY convenient for those who would use them, especially those who don't know exactly how to assemble them (like myself.) The only one I really want assembled is the Banshee; I need her sprites for a CastleVania spoof comic I'm making, but I haven't the foggiest idea of how to assemble her, heh.

You know, when I first fought Arthroverta, I was intimidated by his size, but then I remembered that he was the very first boss. He turned out to be just as easy as a first boss should be Big Grin