The VG Resource

Full Version: Beamos variations
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've been using/looking at sprites from the Spriter's Resource (though I never was able to complete that which I started), and I noticed the lack of many custom or edited Zelda sheets.

So, I decided I should make some myself, and, as a start, I made some different variations of Beamos:

[Image: beamoszf9.gif]

So, how do you like it? My main problem with spriting is drawing the dame thing from a different perspective, and I think Beamos is good practice.
Cool. Should be larger. Much Larger.
Beamoses aren't puny like that. Also, pillowed.
Nothing else I can detect. Good job.
Also, very good perspective.
Well, to make sure the beamos looked good when actually looking around, I put the all in animations. The Stone and Crystal were alright, but the steel was...weird. I realized just how unproportional it's head was frame to frame, so I fixed it:

[Image: beamosuq2.gif]

@Gangster Guy:
Well, this is just a start. I was actually making this thinking about the size of the beamos in Ocarina of Time, and the Oracle games. In those, the Beamos are about the size of link (though in the Oracle games, you can only assume). I was picturing that the scale would make link around the size of the Ctrystal or Steel beamos. but, like I said, it's a start to see how it would turn out and for practice spriting.
It doesn't turn quite right, its pillow-shaded and the pallettes are for the most part not very good. It needs more contrast, fewer shades, and maybe some slight hue shifting
hmm...well, I'm not so experienced in much any other shading than pillow-shading, but that's why we practice, right?

Anyway, does this look even slightly better?
[Image: threebeamosditheryv1.gif]

And what do you mean by, "It doesn't turn right"? If you're reffering to the Steal Beamos, then yes...it's not tvery good at all. It was just an experiment, and not one I plan on continuing very much.