The VG Resource

Full Version: Un autre Français
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Yeah i've been around for a while now, but I thought I might as well try to introduce myself properly.

Hi, the name's Chris, but I usually use Zenaki on the web.
I've been spriting for a few years now and I find your community to be quite a lot of fun, even though I've only been watching so far. Sounded a bit like a stalker here but meh.

About my tastes hum.. Well, musically and graphically, my tastes are widening : not only rock anymore, i enjoy more and more jazz, soul and other stuff and i'm trying to step away from manga style to a more western and realistic look. So i guess i cant really say much at the moment. In terms of video games, I like the usual stuff : MegaMan, Sonic, Zelda, KH, Tales of, Pokemon, Ace Attorney.

Oh and I'm French.
where are all these cool french people coming from

hello mr. zenaki o/
I feel like I've seen you

elsewhere on the internet.
hmmm

do you also own an azerty keyboard?

caniseeit Cute
oh hello chris

chris... french... O.o

well, hello my compatriote! it's good to know you a bit better! Smile

also i have an azerty keyboard Sad
2chrisballs
Awesome we now have two French Chris'! Big Grin
Oh yeah, never noticed that would make another French Chris.

(04-19-2011, 03:08 PM)Kosheh Wrote: [ -> ]I feel like I've seen you

elsewhere on the internet.
hmmm

Odd, the only other sites I registered are dA and the Sprites Data Base, and I hardly ever post anything.

And what's up with azerty keyboards ?
hmm
odd

AZERTY keyboards are awesoooooooooooome >:0

Everyone in France is like "oh yeah, big deal azerty keyboard blah" - but in the states, we all have qwerty keyboards.
QWERTY's commonplace here and its name comes from the first six letters on the keyboard. Letters are placed in relation to where fingers most commonly rest. Most words use vowels quite commonly, as we do the letter t and n, so they're placed closer to the center of the keyboard. A's and L's are used pretty commonly too; that middle row gets a lot of love bar the G and H keys which don't get so much attention.
Outcast letters that aren't commonly used, like q and z and the bracket [] symbols kinda linger around the edges of the keyboard where we usually have to put a little (not really) effort into those.

In France and Belgium you're using Q's more frequently and other letters have more prevalence in the French language than they do in English, so some of the letters are switched about to make it more convenient for French typists.

All in all it's hard to explain; azerty keyboards may not be so special to you, but I happen to find the idea of keyboards where letters are arranged differently from mine quite exotic Heart
what the.

another french person?

Nice Smile
Bienvenue à la ressource des spriteurs! Tongue

I actually don't know French very well, but you can probably tell that.
itt Kosheh orgasms because of keyboard layout

btw have a nice stay, FrenchChris#2!