The VG Resource

Full Version: Kinnikuman Dirty Challenger help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Okay, I plan on contributing to the current Sprite Project, 2D Fighting Games, by ripping all sprites from Kinnikuman: Dirty Challenger for the Super Famicom (the only reason I'm even playing is because I like the sprites!), and I just want to ask two questions:

1. Can someone find out if Kinnikuman Great and Terryman really are playable characters?

and

2. If so, can the person on this forum who discovered it provide me with a ZSNES save state with them unlocked (either legitimately or by hacking), so I can rip their sprites?

I'd go through this myself, but I don't know how to unlock Kinnikuman Great and Terryman (if they're really in the game), and the game's controls are horribly unresponsive.

Edit: Or at least PAR codes that puts the computer character down to minimum vitality?
As far as I know, no, they are not playable. I have found no indication anywhere that you can play as anybody but the "brothers." Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, though. And maybe there's info in a rom dump, but I sincerely doubt it.
(04-16-2011, 07:59 PM)Ridureyu Wrote: [ -> ]As far as I know, no, they are not playable. I have found no indication anywhere that you can play as anybody but the "brothers." Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, though. And maybe there's info in a rom dump, but I sincerely doubt it.

Well, in this link here:
http://www.littlerubberguys.com/forums/i...opic=20675

They talk about at least Kinnikuman Great being in the game. They also claim that Terryman was in, but when they described him, they actually described Kinnikuman Great, which led me to believe that at least Kinnikuman Great was in.

They could just be a bunch of trolls of course...except that one guy on there that posted Kinnikuman's moveset
(04-17-2011, 12:45 PM)WingWangWao Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-16-2011, 07:59 PM)Ridureyu Wrote: [ -> ]As far as I know, no, they are not playable. I have found no indication anywhere that you can play as anybody but the "brothers." Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, though. And maybe there's info in a rom dump, but I sincerely doubt it.

Well, in this link here:

They talk about at least Kinnikuman Great being in the game. They also claim that Terryman was in, but when they described him, they actually described Kinnikuman Great, which led me to believe that at least Kinnikuman Great was in.

They could just be a bunch of trolls of course...except that one guy on there that posted Kinnikuman's moveset

Wow... there's my site again. Erm, kinda. I started the original, but handed it over to Johnny Karis back in 2000 or 2001. But wow. Anyway, it's been so long that I honestly didn't remember Kinnikuman Great. Well, if I wrote that, I DO know I beat the game once (waaay back. 98? 99?), so I must have seen him. Probably wasn't playable, though. Really trying to remember here, I did notice that the old typo-fileld review says Kinnikuman Great is merely a pallete swap of the main character, though. That makes sense.
(04-17-2011, 03:06 PM)Ridureyu Wrote: [ -> ]

Well, in this link here:

Wow... there's my site again. Erm, kinda. I started the original, but handed it over to Johnny Karis back in 2000 or 2001. But wow. Anyway, it's been so long that I honestly didn't remember Kinnikuman Great. Well, if I wrote that, I DO know I beat the game once (waaay back. 98? 99?), so I must have seen him. Probably wasn't playable, though. Really trying to remember here, I did notice that the old typo-fileld review says Kinnikuman Great is merely a pallete swap of the main character, though. That makes sense.

Wait, YOU were involved in this site in a way? Interesting...
But still, even IF Kinnikuman Great is a simple palette swap, I can probably take just one screenshot of him and use his palette to recolor Kinnikuman
(04-17-2011, 03:34 PM)WingWangWao Wrote: [ -> ]

Well, in this link here:

But still, even IF Kinnikuman Great is a simple palette swap, I can probably take just one screenshot of him and use his palette to recolor Kinnikuman

Yeah, see my little title on that forum? Thing is, I made the original AKIA site yeaaaaars ago. Like, 1990s. AK of Troy supplied the (untranslated) manga, and I tossed up the first english Kinnikuman site around. Really helped the MUSCLE-collecting community. But heheeh...

...Yeah, I still don't really remember Kinnikuman Great, although there's kind of a tickel in the back of my brain. Like I said, it's been years since I've even touched Dirty Challenger.
(04-17-2011, 05:28 PM)Ridureyu Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-17-2011, 03:34 PM)WingWangWao Wrote: [ -> ]

Well, in this link here:

Yeah, see my little title on that forum? Thing is, I made the original AKIA site yeaaaaars ago. Like, 1990s. AK of Troy supplied the (untranslated) manga, and I tossed up the first english Kinnikuman site around. Really helped the MUSCLE-collecting community. But heheeh...

...Yeah, I still don't really remember Kinnikuman Great, although there's kind of a tickel in the back of my brain. Like I said, it's been years since I've even touched Dirty Challenger.

I see...and I can tell why you haven't played it in so long; everything about the game but the sprites is shit lol