The VG Resource

Full Version: Question, Custom Paper Mario Art
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I don't think this is where this topic goes, and if it doesn't go here, then please move it, but I have a question.

If you look around DeviantART, you can see people make their own characters in the SPM/PMTTYD concept art, I want to know how they do it, example: http://nelde.deviantart.com/gallery/25677276

I know some people use Paint.net to do it really good, and I have it, but I don't know how to perform such art like that.

Is there a tutorial somewhere or something like that?, and yes, I've checked youtube.

Thanks.
I think it's most likely accomplished in applications like Flash, Photoshop, and Illustrator by using vector tools.

I don't know if there are any tutorials on youtube, but I'd suggest searching DeviantART for tutorials.
You could also ask the artists who made these PM characters on Deviantart.
I took your advice, and the artist said that they use Adobe Illustrator, creates a new texture, and as they study a concept art of the style, he plays with the outlines, inlined, and gradients.
Welcome to the Creative Forum.
since the guy didn't know how to make Paper Mario 'sprites', this mistake was justified.

now, I'm going to lock this since it was already answered.